Let's cut to the chase

marko polo

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

A friend once told me chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature.  Asian-American, please.

And that begs the question; why would a China man, or Asian folk in general, have an inside track to contending for a B1G football league title? Has this demographic historically dominated the B1G conference? How does one win league titles while residing in hell? So many questions.

3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

No blinder, no BS.

It's the first game.  Chill out.  If we look like this in November I'll get more critical.  

Yesterday was the first game for a lot of teams. Some looked much better. I honor the Nebraska tradition by expecting something great every week. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, El Diaco said:

And that begs the question; why would a China man, or Asian folk in general, have an inside track to contending for a B1G football league title? Has this demographic historically dominated the B1G conference? How does one win league titles while residing in hell? So many questions.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

A friend once told me chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature.  Asian-American, please.

I don't think the OP made any statement that the china man he was referring to was an American with chinese ancestry. It's entirely possible that the one he was referring to was indeed a "China" man and therefore calling them Asian-American would make no sense. See, this is what I'm talking about. Something gets taken out of context, the next thing you know, we're calling for coaches heads because somebody believes that chinese folks have a less than desirable chance of surviving the perils of hell when compared to non-chinese folks.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Sho'nuff said:

I don't think the OP made any statement that the china man he was referring to was an American with chinese ancestry. It's entirely possible that the one he was referring to was indeed a "China" man and therefore calling them Asian-American would make no sense. See, this is what I'm talking about. Something gets taken out of context, the next thing you know, we're calling for coaches heads because somebody believes that chinese folks have a less than desirable chance of surviving the perils of hell when compared to non-chinese folks.

This isn't a guy who built the railroads here.  This is a guy...

• Mavric locked this topic