2017-2018 Season Notes

15 minutes ago, Roll Skers said:

The Yale/Creighton game looks like a fun one.

ISU/Missou will be intruiging

Mizzo has sick nasty talent this year...Martin is a slow-down coach but if he lets them run this year...forget about it.  They will score 80 a game

The jays are -8.5 tonight...Yale LOVES slowing things down so if the Jays get out to a 10 point lead early I could see that being an easy cover.

Watch WVU vs AM...This WVU team could be really good this year.

Just now, teachercd said:

Mizzo has sick nasty talent this year...Martin is a slow-down coach but if he lets them run this year...forget about it.  They will score 80 a game

The jays are -8.5 tonight...Yale LOVES slowing things down so if the Jays get out to a 10 point lead early I could see that being an easy cover.

Watch WVU vs AM...This WVU team could be really good this year.

will Teddy Allen from Boys Town play this year for WVU? Seems like if Miles lets us run we can score 80 a game too!

I'm really excited to get some televised games! 

I'm all for optimism (First year with season tickets so this would be a good time for them to start making some noise!) but I think that needs to be tempered until they prove themselves in games that count. That exhibition was ugly. I get that starters were out but still. Copeland needs to knock off that rust, Jordy needs to be able to finish more consistently in the paint and pull help win the rebounding battle, and Palmer needs to prove he can put up these numbers night in and night out against tough competition. I'm also interested to see how Allen develops as the year goes.

Edited by spurs1990
  • Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

I'm all for optimism (First year with season tickets so this would be a good time for them to start making some noise!) but I think that needs to be tempered until they prove themselves in games that count. That exhibition was ugly. I get that starters were out but still. Copeland needs to knock off that rust, Jordy needs to be able to finish more consistently in the paint and pull help win the rebounding battle, and Palmer needs to prove he can put up these numbers night in and night out against tough competition. I'm also interested to see how Allen develops as the year goes.

I think our biggest things we need to do are run the floor and get out to fast starts. No letting bad teams hang around this year

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Of course they do...teams still have to finish 1-14.

Of course they have to finish 1-14, but the question is if teams 1-14  this year are better, worse or equal to previous year's 1-14 teams.  It has nothing to do with who finishes 1-14, it has to do with the quality of the teams in the order they finish not the name on the front of their jerseys.

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

I'm always excited to see the team this time of year.  Sometimes that fades as the season goes, sometimes it doesn't.  My dad & I have been going to NU Hoops for 40-ish years.  I've seen coaches all the way back to Cipriano.

Just now, ECisGod said:

Of course they have to finish 1-14, but the question is if teams 1-14  this year are better, worse or equal to previous year's 1-14 teams.  It has nothing to do with who finishes 1-14, it has to do with the quality of the teams in the order they finish not the name on the front of their jerseys.

I guess we will see.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ECisGod said:

I'm always excited to see the team this time of year.  Sometimes that fades as the season goes, sometimes it doesn't.  My dad & I have been going to NU Hoops for 40-ish years.  I've seen coaches all the way back to Cipriano.

Makes me optimistic for year one. Definitely excited to see how this year plays out. Love basketball and excited to see a full home slate in person. Hopefully I can build a family tradition like you have done.

• Plus1 1