2017-2018 Season Notes

My quick observation after watching Tuesday night's scrimmage...1) I am concerned, again, that offensive rebounds might be a tall order.  It seems, again, we have 4 guys on the perimeter- waiting to shoot the 3, and only one guy rebounding. 2) We, again, may finish in the bottom 5% (in nation) for defending the 3 and ...3) Coaching deficiency may bite us in the bottom ... I do like the (physical) look of this team.  We seem bigger, stronger, than last year.  I just hope Coach Miles can manage all the personalities and develop a winner this year.  My initial guess, we can finish 9-10 in league play, vs 12-13 out of the 14.  Honestly, this should be the year we play Creighton much closer on the road. 

2 hours ago, Vizsla1 said:

My quick observation after watching Tuesday night's scrimmage...1) I am concerned, again, that offensive rebounds might be a tall order.  It seems, again, we have 4 guys on the perimeter- waiting to shoot the 3, and only one guy rebounding. 2) We, again, may finish in the bottom 5% (in nation) for defending the 3 and ...3) Coaching deficiency may bite us in the bottom ... I do like the (physical) look of this team.  We seem bigger, stronger, than last year.  I just hope Coach Miles can manage all the personalities and develop a winner this year.  My initial guess, we can finish 9-10 in league play, vs 12-13 out of the 14.  Honestly, this should be the year we play Creighton much closer on the road. 

Let. Us. Run. The. Floor. 

lol

On 11/11/2017 at 6:38 AM, Vizsla1 said:

My observation is that it is too early to see deficiencies.  3 new starters & the first off the bench is a FR & SO.  They just need time to gel.   In 2 games I have already seen improvement in Allen, Roby & Copeland.

6 hours ago, teachercd said:

I think I remember someone saying that the Big Ten was going to be down this year...Hmmmm :)

You may be right, but it is still too early to tell.  Northwestern reminds me of the Huskers in Miles' third season.  Looked good the previous year because they got hot for a time, but they couldn't duplicate that hot stretch the next year.

3 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I remember someone saying not to overreact to the St Johns game....Hmmmmm

I'd like to see them get St John's again on Sunday in Orlando.  Hopefully Miles has learned that his team plays better when they don't try to slow down their offence.  They don't play good when they go 150 mph, but they don't play good at 50 mph either.  Somewhere in between is better.