Tre Bryant

REDFANATIC

I started this topic with the intention being on the health of Tre after hearing he sat out Mondays practice after he had that many carries. He's a stud! We haven't had that productivity out of a back in while. His 192 yards came on yards after contact and I can't find his longest rush. Don't rember him busting a big one. Some one help me out with his longest. Wilbon had 2 carries for 15 and a score.

Has any one heard if Tre retuned to practice?

On 9/4/2017 at 8:37 PM, LaunchCode said:

The one thing I'd like to see him get better at is avoiding direct contact.  Some backs are so durable because they never take the big hit, they always manage to find a way to avoid the direct hit.  Maybe it's a talent more than a skill that can be learned, but I'd still sure like to see him make that a point of focus.

Agreed. Although it WAS nice to see a Husker RB who can break tackles well and get good YAC.......... :cheers

If that is truly the case Enhance I'm A. excited to see Tre at full health then because he looked pretty good out there and B. a little disappointed we didn't see the other guys more, if Bryant really wasn't full go.

That being said I suppose you can wield  your depth in a few different ways

Also Tre had 1 long carry I remember and that resulted in the Wilbon score 

8 hours ago, REDFANATIC said:

I started this topic with the intention being on the health of Tre after hearing he sat out Mondays practice after he had that many carries. He's a stud! We haven't had that productivity out of a back in while. His 192 yards came on yards after contact and I can't find his longest rush. Don't rember him busting a big one. Some one help me out with his longest. Wilbon had 2 carries for 15 and a score.

35 yards - down the left (home) sideline I believe

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, REDFANATIC said:

I believe his long carry was in the 35 ydish range and it happened on Nebraska's first drive of the 2H.

9 hours ago, REDFANATIC said:

He did not have 192 yards after contact.

10 hours ago, REDFANATIC said:

ASU at NU game stats

Husker rushing stats:

Rushing No. Gain Loss Net TD Lg Avg

Tre Bryant 31 194 2 192 1 35 6.2

D. Pierson-El 2 23 0 23 0 12 11.5

Mikale Wilbon 2 15 0 15 1 8 7.5

Stanley Morgan 1 2 0 2 0 2 2.0

Luke McNitt 1 0 0 0 0 0 0.0

Tanner Lee 1 0 7 -7 0 0 -7.0

Totals 38 234 9 225 2 35 5.9

P.S. anybody know how to format stuff on this board into nice columns that are easy to read?

27 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

ASU at NU game stats

Husker rushing stats:

Rushing No. Gain Loss Net TD Lg Avg

Tre Bryant 31 194 2 192 1 35 6.2

D. Pierson-El 2 23 0 23 0 12 11.5

Mikale Wilbon 2 15 0 15 1 8 7.5

Stanley Morgan 1 2 0 2 0 2 2.0

Luke McNitt 1 0 0 0 0 0 0.0

Tanner Lee 1 0 7 -7 0 0 -7.0

Totals 38 234 9 225 2 35 5.9

P.S. anybody know how to format stuff on this board into nice columns that are easy to read?

I usually use the Code button (<>) in the tool bar which lets you use spaces to make things look better.

Rushing         No. Gain Loss Net  TD  Lg   Avg
Tre Bryant      31   194   2  192   1  35   6.2
D. Pierson-El    2    23   0   23   0  12  11.5
Mikale Wilbon    2    15   0   15   1   8   7.5
Stanley Morgan   1     2   0    2   0   2   2.0
Luke McNitt      1     0   0    0   0   0   0.0
Tanner Lee       1     0   7   -7   0   0  -7.0
Totals          38   234   9  225   2  35   5.9

• Plus1 1

I have noticed on other teams in the past, Wisconsin, MD, okie st, and IU come to mind, that for a variety of reasons (injury, "the hot hand", defensive match-ups, ect.) some teams use a different "feature back" on any given week. Maybe only for 2 or 3 games, but they spread some reps around.

Idk if we'll see that this season with NU, but could it be that we split carries by game rather than down or quarter? They all have some differences in their abilities, so it sort of makes sense that we might have a different "feature" gamelan planned for each of them at different times in the season.

Tre did great the other night, so if Tre himself and coaches think he can stay healthy, then I won't be complaining if they give him the ball 25-30 times per game from here in out. If he separated himself from the others in practice, then by all means reward him with game time... But I won't be surprised to see a different "feature back" get 20+ carries at any given moment this season. And although I like the idea of Tre being able to carry the load, I hope the other guys get their moment before anyone is totally overworked or seriously injured... All that said, I would really like to see Tre do that again v Oregon.

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I usually use the Code button (<>) in the tool bar which lets you use spaces to make things look better.

Rushing         No. Gain Loss Net  TD  Lg   Avg
Tre Bryant      31   194   2  192   1  35   6.2
D. Pierson-El    2    23   0   23   0  12  11.5
Mikale Wilbon    2    15   0   15   1   8   7.5
Stanley Morgan   1     2   0    2   0   2   2.0
Luke McNitt      1     0   0    0   0   0   0.0
Tanner Lee       1     0   7   -7   0   0  -7.0
Totals          38   234   9  225   2  35   5.9

Looks like I can't use html tags and have to do spaces manually. Thanks though.

Just now, RedDenver said:

Looks like I can't use html tags and have to do spaces manually. Thanks though.

Yeah, I haven't messed with it enough to know.  There's probably a better way but I haven't found it yet.

The Code function seems to say it will accept HTML (drop-down box in the lower-right corner) but I've never tried much.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I haven't messed with it enough to know.  There's probably a better way but I haven't found it yet.

The Code function seems to say it will accept HTML (drop-down box in the lower-right corner) but I've never tried much.

The dropdown is just for code highlighting, not for what it will accept. I thought that too until I messed with it a bit.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Oade said:

All that said, I would really like to see Tre do that again v Oregon.

Tre and/or NU's rushing attack is probably going to be one of the most critical components of the game. I don't know if Nebraska would be able to keep up in a shootout, and if I had to guess right now, I'd say Oregon is probably better equipped for it. Three stats I'm eyeing: turnovers, rushing and TOP. I think if NU can limit turnovers, rush for 200+ yards and win the TOP battle, there's a good chance they'll win.