Tre Bryant

REDFANATIC

4 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I think it was good that Tre had 31 carries.  Especially at the beginning of the season.  It's time we had a feature back.  I'm sure if his knee was bothering him, they would have sat him.  

I agree; I would rather have a feature back than a committee. However, I would rather see something like </= 25 carries for the #1, 12/13 for the #2 and 4-5 for a WR.

44 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Tre and/or NU's rushing attack is probably going to be one of the most critical components of the game. I don't know if Nebraska would be able to keep up in a shootout, and if I had to guess right now, I'd say Oregon is probably better equipped for it. Three stats I'm eyeing: turnovers, rushing and TOP. I think if NU can limit turnovers, rush for 200+ yards and win the TOP battle, there's a good chance they'll win.

If Bryant gets anywhere in the neighborhood of 25 carries and 175 yards, Nebraska will win. 

• Plus1 2

If we dominate time of possession and have 200 plus rush yards, we win against most anybody about 85% of the time.  However, I think it is wishful thinking if you believe we will be as successful offensively vs. Ducks and the Wolves. I think most would pick Oregon to defeat Ark State about 55 - 20.   That suggests Oregon will get us by three TDs or so.  Pretty likely considering the relative performances of the two teams in week 1.   Most teams make their biggest improvements between game 1 and game 2, so say the wise old coaches.   Well, that would be a good sign except that I suppose that will apply to both Ore and NU so it might be a wash and we're still coming up short.  Add in the home field advantage which some say is about 10 pts in Oregon's "duck pond' or whatever they call their waddle.  

Personally, I give us a slim chance but would have said closer to 50/50 two weeks ago.  I saw my optimism take a hit about the defense showed so poorly.   I thot we'd show marked improvement in all three phases of the game.  I saw a little up tick in the offense, a nice gain in special teams (couple miscues that can easily be remedied) and a real drop defensively.

I have some hope that we can make some substantial changes before Sat such as adding back more 4-3 or even some 52 and finding a couple more speedy safety types to get in there in place of our slower LBs if they have to do so much pass coverage 15 yards behind the LOS.    But wholesale change ups vs a top talent team is always a crap shoot but making no changes is almost conceding the game in my view.  We have got to 'shoot the moon' on this one if we want to find a way to upset the ducks.   

33 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

When Nebraska ran the ball frequently and effectively, and Tre Bryant got into a rhythm that lasted all four quarters,  I thought "well that's one thing HuskerBoard won't be able to complain about."

Man, I was wrong.

31 carries is asking for trouble, fatigue at least. the kid had to feel beat up, the other guys could have played well too, but sat their scratching their asses,  good job MR. There is a limit to even a good thing.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

When Nebraska ran the ball frequently and effectively, and Tre Bryant got into a rhythm that lasted all four quarters,  I thought "well that's one thing HuskerBoard won't be able to complain about."

Man, I was wrong.

I can't decide if I'm more angry about this or an assistant coach not doing a press conference.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Hunter94 said:

31 carries is asking for trouble, fatigue at least. the kid had to feel beat up, the other guys could have played well too, but sat their scratching their asses,  good job MR. There is a limit to even a good thing.

From what we can tell, Bryant is ready to go for week two after having a fantastic game. If they continue to throw him into the meat grinder every week, your argument might have more credence. There's no reason to be so pessimistic at this point.

30+ carries in game one isn't a huge deal and shouldn't be too tough a task for most RBs. The issue is there's a long season ahead of us and RBs can take a beating over time. With Wilbon, Ozigbo, Rose, Mazour, and Bradley all able and ready, we shouldn't need to rely so heavily on Bryant.