Time Change or Locations change? Hmm

ScottyIce

2 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

There is no way that happens.

Do you mean in the "Nebraska" market or just the state of Nebraska?  If it's only in NEB than it looks like I'm driving to the border and watching it there hah.

I don't exactly know, it's not like I work for FOX.  But, I don't think the TV area for Nebraska-Oregon would be very widespread, if the games had to be played at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If it gets cancelled, it gets cancelled.  Games get cancelled every year for one reason or another.  Look at the LSU/Florida debacle last year.

Umm yep, they do. Still doesn't take away from the fact it would suck and affect a lot of people, not to mention university and tv revenu. CFB season is short as it is, taking away a game would be no fun for all involved. 

10 minutes ago, Huskerballz said:

Umm yep, they do. Still doesn't take away from the fact it would suck and affect a lot of people, not to mention university and tv revenu. CFB season is short as it is, taking away a game would be no fun for all involved. 

This wouldn't hurt NU's revenue at all.  The University and Big Ten has already received their $ from TV partners.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If the game were moved to the same time as Stanford @ USC.  What most likely would happen is that FOX would still televise it, and air it in Oregon and Nebraska only.

I'd wager that the Fox Sports Go app will also live-stream the game. Seems tailor-made for situations such as this.

Anyone that has Fox Sports 1 via cable access (provided your provider participates) can use their credentials to access the live streams in the app. Wouldn't be shocked if this is the only way to watch the entire game outside of the West Coast or Nebraska.  

31 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This wouldn't hurt NU's revenue at all.  The University and Big Ten has already received their $ from TV partners.

For the 2016 season. While we're receiving a full share for the 2017 season, we haven't seen that money yet IIRC--our AD has simply budgeted for its allocation accordingly during the upcoming fiscal year. Again, if I recall and understand the available news and financial information re: the AD correctly. 

Having said that, there's likely a good faith provision in the contract with Fox that states schools will attempt to reschedule when possible, but if there's no way to reschedule due to acts of God, then either the pay to the conference is reduced by X, or Fox may get to mitigate the loss of programming by getting another game of their choosing. 

3 minutes ago, El Diaco said:

You guise zip it. This game is getting moved to saturday night at Mile High, and that's the way it's gonna be.

Why not the Jerry Dome in Dallas? It's arguably more gaudy and impressive from the outside looking in, which fits Oregon's MO to a T.

• Plus1 1