Gerrymandering

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

So we like SCOTUS now?  I thought we heard so much about society as we know it ending because of Gorsuch, Kav, and the “handsmaid tale” lady:dunno

Blind squirrel finds a nut?

Just because I don't like the make up of the court doesn't mean I need to dislike everything they do.  That's the nice thing about being an independent.  I don't need to rant just one direction or love in just one direction.  I get to pick and choose.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2
  • 2 months later...

46 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Maximum # of sides or natural edges (e.g. a river) per district = 6. 

And you could use an algorithm that isn’t AI on top of that or use Statistics to randomize or judge the bias. 

It really is the only way to do it.  Politicians would never allow it.  Common sense and politicians have never met.

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, Crusader Husker said:

It really is the only way to do it.  Politicians would never allow it.  Common sense and politicians have never met.

I would take just the side maximum, and let them do as much as they can with that. They won't be able to do much.

But thinking on the sides again, even though it won't happen, it probably needs to be 8. Just looking at Nebraska, if you count the part where it goes from flat on the north side to the river as 2 different sides, then the western district would need to be 7 sides.

1 River north, 1 flat north, 1 west, 2 for pan handle corner, 1 for south, 1 for east.

• Plus1 2
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:clap

Hopefully it stands. I believe Wisconsin is the most gerrymandered state in the country. I just looked it up and in 2018 the Democrats won 54% of the vote but Republicans won 64% of the seats. And they redrew in 2021 to make it worse. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1