Where is the confidence coming from?

1 hour ago, Huskerfan55 said:

There is no logic in those who are over confident - it is rose colored glasses!  Riley has done nothing to indicate he can win and win at above a .500 pace!  

If we play better then we did last week defensively we may have a chance but I am not holding out hope.  I know this forum is only for those who express total loyalty to the Big Red and never say anything that is not motivated by the Kool-aide but please!

You have no idea what you're talking about.

• Plus1 4
  1. Our offense is better than last year. Better QB, RBs and OL are all back, still have solid WRs 
  2. Coaches are familiar with Oregon and Diaco with Taggart
  3. Southern Utah sucks. We don't know about Ark St yet 

It kind of ends there at this point. Oregon returns a lot of young players from last years team. I'm more worried about their run game with Freeman and Benoit 

8 minutes ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

2013 - Southern Miss – 56-13 (43 pts)

2013 - Purdue – 44-7 (37 pts)

2014 - Florida Atlantic – 55-7 (46 pts)

2014 - Fresno State – 55-19 (36 pts)

2015 - South Alabama – 48-9 (39 pts)

2016 - Fresno State – 43-10 (33 pts)

2016 - Wyoming – 52-17 (35 pts)

Do these not count as blowouts sunshine?

If we didn't score over 100 it's not a blowout.  Thought you would have known that.

• Plus1 2

Teams play close games to worse opponents every single week of the season. It happens, especially to younger teams. This is no excuse but do you really think USC is getting blown out by Stanford based on their week 1 performances? I don't, I think that will be a good game. Same applies here.

Honestly if we can do what we did this week defensively  on oregon (longest run and pass play under 30 yards and not for TDs.) Keep things in front and make them drive the length of the field, I think that will actually be a sound strategy. Just need to get them off the field this week. Sure tackling will be key and no extra points given away in any other phase of the game. If we can play that style I think we can score enough to win. 

Finally, I think we see something special out of Lee this week. Not talking about the throws or reads but moxy. He was voted a captain for a reason and I think we see that come out on the road against a tough opponent in this early season where alot of our guys are just getting aquaitened to this atmosphere. He has been in hostile territory a few times in his career and I think he will be ready to go.

26 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

77 points is a lot........we haven't blown anyone out in years.......we will be lucky to keep it within 14 points.....and Diaco will hide out after the game again.

Usually, in miss matched games when the starters get pulled the scoring slows down or stops. I have seen plenty of Oregon games where 70 plus was well within reach. I really dislike these types of games

1 minute ago, 1995 Redux said:

It is more in their favor this year because it is in Eugene, they have a better staff and our Secondary looked about as capable as an solar car during a cloudy day.

They have a better staff?  How did you come to this conclusion?

• Plus1 1

I'd just look at every facet of the game. For starters, Oregon wasn't a very good team last year. I also don't think they're going to be very good on defense this year for a variety of reasons. I don't suspect that will change this weekend. Advantage: Nebraska.

Culture and program stability. Oregon is in a full transition year. Nebraska made some big changes this offseason too, but if I had to give a slight advantage to one team over another, I'd go advantage: Nebraska.

Offense. Both teams have a lot of weapons. Oregon has a more established running back and a more polished offensive strategy. I think running the ball is going to be critical for both teams, but I'd give Oregon: advantage.

Special Teams. I don't know much about Oregon's. Nebraska's was pretty bad in 2016, but they showed a lot of good things in week one. I'd put this as a wash for now.

So, depending on your perspective, Nebraska has a 2-1-1 advantage in these four categories. If I've misjudged Oregon's ST, then it might be a 2-2 split. Either way, I think this should be a good contest and wouldn't be surprised to see it turn out like last year's game.

• Plus1 1