Trump Domestic Policy - Budgets, etc

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Great....let's get more banks "too large to fail".

The Dodd Frank stuff kind of flew under the radar a little bit yesterday, but it just seems like another awful policy decision.

The people who supported the move say its helping unburden smaller banks adversely affected by Dodd Frank. We saw Wells Fargo get busted red-handed scamming their customers & they got off with a slap on the wrist from a wet noodle.

To me it seems more likely the banks aren't regulated enough. It's like this Congress can't remember even a decade ago.

I'm seriously thinking by the time Trump is out of office we're going to need another trust-buster to take on the oligopolies in any number of markets.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

The Dodd Frank stuff kind of flew under the radar a little bit yesterday, but it just seems like another awful policy decision.

The people who supported the move say its helping unburden smaller banks adversely affected by Dodd Frank. We saw Wells Fargo get busted red-handed scamming their customers & they got off with a slap on the wrist from a wet noodle.

To me it seems more likely the banks aren't regulated enough. It's like this Congress can't remember even a decade ago.

I'm seriously thinking by the time Trump is out of office we're going to need another trust-buster to take on the oligopolies in any number of markets.

I wish someone would honestly explain what they felt needed changed and how the public will still be protected from what happened in 2007-2008. 

I have the feeling nobody voting voting on this fully understand it. 

• Plus1 1

Looks like Trump is open to meetings regarding prison reform and hearing about the stories of non-violent drug offenders........

With Kim F'ing Kardashian!  WTF!   Look, I hope she strikes a chord with him and he changes his stance on some of this.  But can this administration at least try to take on a serious appearance? For a person who has made a ton of money on "branding", he seems to have really gotten bad at it....

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/5/30/17408532/trump-kim-kardashian-prison-reform-alice-johnson

• Plus1 1

It's not "as bad" as renewable subsidies, let's be honest, it's worse. Even when the WSJ gets it right, they get it wrong.

At least renewables are set up for long-term growth and less harmful for the environment. Coal is a dying energy source, whether we keep it afloat now to appeal to voters or not. And it's way worse for the environment. That stupid term "clean coal" isn't a thing.

• Plus1 2

Good quote below - Trump's pardon's will desensitize us to the justice system just in time for him to attack it when he is being charged with obstruction.

https://twitter.com/Evan_McMullin

Trump’s pardons are not only intended desensitize the electorate to frequent interventions on behalf of his political allies, but also to make a mockery of the federal justice system, to suggest that law enforcement and the courts are incapable and illegitimate to begin with.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

All this winning is amazing!!!!!

I've posted here before that I started my 401(k) about a month after the first slide this year. Been kinda funny watching it (knowing that it would be silly to worry about the short term). It had a negative return for quite awhile but had gotten up to a 5% return as of last week. Guessing that's gone now :)