Trump Domestic Policy - Budgets, etc

On 7/11/2018 at 11:05 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

This is as good of an explanation as I've heard about the real problem:

Very good video and it spells out as to why I (as typically a fiscal conservative) I am willing to listen and consider a single payer plan.

a)  Countries with single payer plans have more negotiation power with costs.

b)  It is virtually impossible for you to negotiate effectively on something to save your life.

c)  Hmmm....wonder why Medicare pays less then the rest of us???

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Not sure I buy this reasoning from Krugman considering neither the dollar is stronger nor interest rates are up.

He admits the dollar hasn't gone up "all that much".  But,

1525440135398-US-mortgage-rates-MBA-1-yr

saupload_US-mortgage-rates-MBA-2018-Feb-

The Feds have raised rates (I think) twice with two more hikes announced this year.

LINK

I actually find this part funny since Trump has so vocally condemned the Feds for raising rates after all the "hard work" he has put in.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

He admits the dollar hasn't gone up "all that much".  But,

1525440135398-US-mortgage-rates-MBA-1-yr

saupload_US-mortgage-rates-MBA-2018-Feb-

The Feds have raised rates (I think) twice with two more hikes announced this year.

LINK

I actually find this part funny since Trump has so vocally condemned the Feds for raising rates after all the "hard work" he has put in.

If you look over ten years, the recent peaks and valleys are small noise:

saupload_30-yr_2Bfixed_2Bmtg_2Brates.jpg

This is scary - Trump's main advisors - Fox and Friends  - at the 2:50 mark - is pretty alarming.  F&F joke about the president watching

and if he is - for him to blink the light off and on at the WH.  So what does he do - he blinks his bedroom ( I assume) light off and

on.  Thus he perfectly gives away his location (imagine a terrorist having that knowledge with the right kind of weapon) during

the F&F news time.  Plus it proves that he is tied at the hip to F&F. 

• Plus1 1