Trump Domestic Policy - Budgets, etc

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh goodie!!!!!

#fiscalconservative

So now more of our taxes will be going to make Trump's base happy because of his stupid tariffs. Farmers already get a lot of subsidies. I have 2 family members who've been getting $14k and $22k per year from subsidies according to a government site that keeps track of it. (I only looked because one of them was complaining about welfare recipients).

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

So now more of our taxes will be going to make Trump's base happy because of his stupid tariffs. Farmers already get a lot of subsidies. I have 2 family members who've been getting $14k and $22k per year from subsidies according to a government site that keeps track of it. (I only looked because one of them was complaining about welfare recipients).

For people who love to complain about the government, farmers sure get a lot of help from... the government.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Try having that conversation with a farmer on Medicare. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

For people who love to complain about the government, farmers sure get a lot of help from... the government.

I just hope that they're making the farmers take drug tests before they get their welfare. 

• Plus1 6
41 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

I just hope that they're making the farmers take drug tests before they get their welfare. 

Ha!

You want to trigger a farmer? Use the word "welfare."

It's amazing to me how flippantly people will throw around that word complaining about the cheats and the lazy who don't want to work. But if you aimed it at them, they would probably fly off the handle and tell you how hard they work to make ends meet. They're just being given what they deserve.

The lack of empathy going the other way is unfortunate.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Ha!

You want to trigger a farmer? Use the word "welfare."

It's amazing to me how flippantly people will throw around that word complaining about the cheats and the lazy who don't want to work. But if you aimed it at them, they would probably fly off the handle and tell you how hard they work to make ends meet. They're just being given what they deserve.

The lack of empathy going the other way is unfortunate.

Agreed. And I've triggered a lot of FB farmers today by referring to this as welfare...because that's what it is, but with obviously fewer restrictions and red tape compared to welfare recipients. 

• Plus1 2