College football imperialism

This is an interesting idea and will be entertaining.

But it seems like it's mostly going to be based on when each team's tougher games are played.  Florida State is out the first week - doens't matter if they end up in the Playoff.  Wisconsin is probably going to end up with a bunch of land even if they're not all that great.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

This is an interesting idea and will be entertaining.

But it seems like it's mostly going to be based on when each team's tougher games are played.  Florida State is out the first week - doens't matter if they end up in the Playoff.  Wisconsin is probably going to end up with a bunch of land even if they're not all that great.

But if Florida State beats Clemson later in the season, don't they then take all of Clemson's territory?

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

But if Florida State beats Clemson later in the season, don't they then take all of Clemson's territory?

My impression is Alabama gets it because they beat Florida State. If we beat Oregon and they win the rest of their games, we get all Pac-12 territory + Texas A&M and whoever else the Pac-12 beat.

They're going to run into problems with circular wins/losses.

5 hours ago, Moiraine said:

My impression is Alabama gets it because they beat Florida State. If we beat Oregon and they win the rest of their games, we get all Pac-12 territory + Texas A&M and whoever else the Pac-12 beat.

I see where you are going, but I believe Florida State would gain new land. Like an FCS school that didn't start with any land but won and earned it's way on to the map. I could be wrong but that's how I interpreted it. Could be fun to follow. 

5 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Only if we win out.  The first team to beat us would take all of the land we had already won.

I don't see how this can work out to be remotely representative of what is intended. The only way to gain land is to be the first to beat an undefeated team. Once a team loses their relative strength becomes immaterial. For example, if Iowa was about the best team in the land (ha ha, this is hypothetical) they could gain a bunch of land, lose to somebody the week before we play them, we then beat them and gain nothing for it. The circular wins will make mince meat out of this in no time.

2 minutes ago, El Diaco said:

I don't see how this can work out to be remotely representative of what is intended. The only way to gain land is to be the first to beat an undefeated team. Once a team loses their relative strength becomes immaterial. For example, if Iowa was about the best team in the land (ha ha, this is hypothetical) they could gain a bunch of land, lose to somebody the week before we play them, we then beat them and gain nothing for it. The circular wins will make mince meat out of this in no time.

Or just look at this week--if Iowa loses to Iowa State, that means the entirety of Iowa is forfeit to ISU and whomever they lose to in the Big X.

Even if we beat Iowa, we'll never win Iowa on the map because they lost to their specially-abled brothers in Ames. It will continue to belong to one of the Big X morons. 

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What happens in this scenario:

October 7th - Wisconsin beats Nebraska, gets all of Nebraska's territory

November 11th - Iowa beats Wisconsin, gets all of Wisconsin's territory

November 24th - Nebraska beats Iowa... gets all of Iowa's, plus Wisconsin's, plus Nebraska's former territory?

I was just wondering this as well.  What if all of that happens, but Wisconsin wins the West and then the B1G Champ game?  Wisconsin gets East winners land but not what Nebraska now has?

Interesting idea.

18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What happens in this scenario:

October 7th - Wisconsin beats Nebraska, gets all of Nebraska's territory

November 11th - Iowa beats Wisconsin, gets all of Wisconsin's territory

November 24th - Nebraska beats Iowa... gets all of Iowa's, plus Wisconsin's, plus Nebraska's former territory?

Yes, I believe that's correct.  

So really it's going to be about who ends the season on a winning streak.