Who should we hire

Ok first post here after lurking for quite a while...

I'll throw out someone.  Tim Drevno. OC/OL at Michigan. Knows the league, knows how to recruit etc.   If you are wanting an up and comer thst you dont have to oay stupid $$ to get he would be a good option.

Dark horse candidate...I'll echo what someone else posted...Joe Moglia from Coastal Carolina.  Great guy by all accounts. Great job growing that program.  Deginately overqualified as a manager/administrator.  Will work for free...freeing up $Millions to hire THE BEST coordinators and S&C staff money can buy. 

9 hours ago, 1995 Redux said:

Man I wish we could have just hired Chris Petersen in 2014

I couldn't agree more! Just got done googling how much it would cost now to get him..... not cheap for a 119-26 D1 stud coach.4.85 mil through 2023 as it stands. Pac 12's highest paid coach. Would we/ could we sack up and steal a guy like this? It's what we need, no way can we f#*k this up again.

If not Frost or possibly Les Miles- with stud coordinators/assistant coaches. If not those two than Justin Fuentes. He was my number two choice in 2014, but at the time had only had one winning season at Memphis. Makes 3.2 million and has a six million dollar buyout, but that drops to 3 million in 2018, doubt we wait that long to hire him. It would take 11 million to get him, 6 mil for buyout and 5 million dollar contract here. Dude will not let us down, took an ELITE Clemson team to the wire and is on the rise. The Big west is an easier division than the ACC and he can easily turn it around in 2018.If he gets 9-3 or higher with that schedule that would be impressive.

Image result for justin fuente salary

10 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Charlotte is insane 24/7/365 about the Panthers. Cant even imagine Philly with the Eagles.

I absolutely get that since Charlotte really only has the Panthers and Bobcats in terms of viable sports outlets.  Yes, there is UNC Charlotte but from what I can tell they don't seem to be doing much being a new FBS football member.

10 hours ago, abc_123 said:

Ok first post here after lurking for quite a while...

I'll throw out someone.  Tim Drevno. OC/OL at Michigan. Knows the league, knows how to recruit etc.   If you are wanting an up and comer thst you dont have to oay stupid $$ to get he would be a good option.

Dark horse candidate...I'll echo what someone else posted...Joe Moglia from Coastal Carolina.  Great guy by all accounts. Great job growing that program.  Deginately overqualified as a manager/administrator.  Will work for free...freeing up $Millions to hire THE BEST coordinators and S&C staff money can buy. 

Welcome to the board.  

I would sincerely hope Nebraska can do better than this.

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, Mary Pats BOB said:

How the heck would you know? You can't even spell his name right! Just sayin.

Because before he left Boise State he had talked to several west coast universities and had tried to get the USC job before it ultimately went to Steve Sarkisian. He has rarely if ever shown interest in leaving that part of the country.

As Petersen took the Broncos where no one believed they could get -- or thought they belonged -- he flirted with nearly every prominent university on the West Coast. Stanford and UCLA both talked with him. Before this year, he always stayed. But clearly Petersen had decided the time had come to leave. Petersen pursued the USC job, and when he didn't get it, quickly replaced Steve Sarkisian, the coach who did.

ESPN