Who should we hire

2 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

I'm watching the UCF/Maryland game right now on BTN app.  I just started it. I will come back and post what I saw, but I am no Mavric.

Maybe Mav would go through that game after he does ours?????

So watched the game.  I have to tell you, Frost's offense really got going in the second half.  He threw a lot in the first half, but a lot of that was some penalties and mistakes that left them behind the chains.  AJ Hawk and Danny Kannel said that may be due to not playing for 3 weeks due to the hurricanes.  Their defense played very well, but Maryland did not have their top 2 QBs and the third stringer is not good.

Frost's second half was a heavy dose of the run game and play action.  He pulls OL A LOT and when they don't that OL gets to the second level so well.  It does look like Oregon, but much less zone blocking and more movement and hat on hat by the OL.  Ran power, lead, counter, and toss all with excellent OL movement.  One play he ran a WR sweep but pulled the entire backside of the line.  Looked like Tom's old Toss sweep.

I was impressed.  You could also tell Scott doesn't have great players in many positions.  Many dropped passes and guys ran down from behind or just falling down on an easy TD.  However I thought he called a pretty good game.

• Plus1 3
40 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

He pulls OL A LOT and when they don't that OL gets to the second level so well.  It does look like Oregon, but much less zone blocking and more movement and hat on hat by the OL.  Ran power, lead, counter, and toss all with excellent OL movement.

If we don't hire Frost, can we at least hire his OL coach?

49 minutes ago, Enhance said:

@Hayseed, only mods/admins should have the power to see who +1's a post, at least that's my understanding. I can see all three people who liked your post in question and they're active members.

Yes, I was mistaken.....thought 'somebody' was my best friend.

The thing about Frost, ......and hindsight is always about 20/50 to 20/100.......if we had hired him say three years ago, he would have all his guys in place. Sadly, he didn't even get a call because we had already zeroed in on our #1 target. Now I'm wondering if he even has any interest in the Tundra League with the sweet gig he has in recruiting heaven?

3 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Yes, I was mistaken.....thought 'somebody' was my best friend.

The thing about Frost, ......and hindsight is always about 20/50 to 20/100.......if we had hired him say three years ago, he would have all his guys in place. Sadly, he didn't even get a call because we had already zeroed in on our #1 target. Now I'm wondering if he even has any interest in the Tundra League with the sweet gig he has in recruiting heaven?

Man don't sweat that.  I know you are high on Frost so don't let that concern you.  UCF isn't that nice and it is not his dream job.  If he considers the opportunity based on potential he knows the best that Lincoln can offer.  Personally I pondered if he would hesitate due to an unwillingness to reopen the scab of questions about the night of LP attack, but that is highly unlikely.