Fire Cavanaugh

4 minutes ago, Husker NoNo said:

In all honesty I would like to hear why people think he should be fired.  I thought the line played pretty well considering that Oregon knew we were going to pass pretty much the entire second half. 

Because "we" lost and people are mad. 

Same reason for the QB2 chants. Not the brightest of displays from us, but such is fandom. Thankfully the team represents itself a little better than that!

1 minute ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

+1 for this.

If Lee doesn't start taking care of the ball Patrick or Tristan might get a shot. It doesn't matter if you shine brighter than the sun in practice, or how pretty a ball you throw, if you consistently make bad decisions you will end up riding the pine sooner rather than later. 

I agree....how you play in a game situation is what should determine the starting QB.  We now know how Tanner plays, and in the clutch he choked big time.  I would say if he struggles in the next game that should be competitive (which should realistically be a few weeks out), then POB needs to get a shot.  Heck, even in a game like today, when it was obvious Tanner was out of rhythm, why not let POB in for a drive or two, and if POB does well, keep him in.  If not, at least Lee has a few drives to reset and potentially go back out and perform better.  I don't believe in this theory that a player's confidence would be shaken if he is removed as a starter.  Lee's confidence was already shaken.