What did we learn-Game 2 Oregon

JJ Husker

Knevel isn't the best at his position, Farniok should be the starter from now on.

Stoltenberg is a beast in my opinion.

Lee isn't as good as the media makes him out to be(as seen today)

Edit:

Oregon was handing us the game yet we didn't want to win.  D gets the turnover and we piss down our leg.  Another turnover and if it weren't for the Oregon D making stupid penalties, we possibly wouldn't have had that last 7 points.

That's what I saw.

• Plus1 3

I learned that this team has heart and doesn't quit.

Diaco is not the answer.  His style of system and inability to make in game adjustments will cost us many more games this year.

Tre was/will be missed.

Kalu is a CB, not a safety.

Jackson is a BIG CB.  he needs to press.  Every play.  Every down.

Riley is and will be a 500 coach.

Langs "has" his guy and still makes bone headed calls.

We do not (at least tonight) have a QB who can run a pro style offense.

DPE on out returns is a waste of talent.  A total waste.  Books needs to look back to 2014 and see what DPE can do.

We play with the personality of the HC.  Passive, no urgency and no excitement.

Matt is better than Knevel IMHO.

We have the talent IMO.  Guys when allowed, looked good.  this is and was on the coaches.

• Plus1 9

Second half defensive adjustments were fantastic. 

Tanner Lee is bad. He has moments that make your eyes pop when he threads a needle, but he has even more moments that make your eyes bleed with awful decisions. Obviously, the back up QB is always the most popular guy in town, but Lee just doesn't have it. He looks like a QB that should still be at Tulane. 

• Plus1 2

We showed heart, the game could have been closer at half and that's when I expected the game to get much worse. We didn't let it.

Oregon is a solid team. Not great by any means and they shot themselves in the foot a little here and there too.

Lee wasn't very good and while Oregon's corners were decent, they certainly weren't the best we will play against so that has me nervous.

Playcalling and clock management still too weird to be a coincidence. I still have high hopes for 8 wins but I would be surprised if we get more than that. And I wouldn't be all that surprised if we get less.

• Plus1 1

Perhaps it's not Tulane's fault Tanner Lee is a career 50% passer who throws as many interceptions as touchdowns.

Defense played significantly better when we abandoned "bend but don't break" and started pressing receivers and sending pressure a bit.

Either convince Diaco to abandon it for the rest of the year or send him packing.

I saw a team that didn't give up. 

I saw a defense that didn't allow Oregon to score at all in the second half  

I saw a gift given to us with 2 min. left in the game and we blew it. 

I saw some of our most gifted players get hurt (Kalu and Bryant)

Most 'experts' had us losing this game but I'll bet they didn't expect what they saw 2nd half. 

I'm of our boys and look forward to getting better as the year goes on. 

GBR!

• Plus1 2