What did we learn-Game 2 Oregon

JJ Husker

1 minute ago, LumberJackSker said:
  • lee isnt as good as some pretended he was
  • farniok is 100 times better than knevel ever was or will be
  • halftime adjustments are possible 
  • Reed might be a better saftey than kalu

Losing Jones and moving Kalu killed the secondary IMO.  Lee looked good against our D as well, their our D........Farniok played very well.

That was a hill too far to climb, to quote Brian Christopherson. Kudos to our guys for not only persevering, but fighting back hard in hostile territory and nearly pulling it back...all while losing key players on both sides of the ball (Kalu, Bryant). These men have a ton of fight and no quit in them. Now, if they could find a way to avoid having the game get blown open in the first thirty...

Gonna be a fun season. Lots for the team to work on as we round into B1G play. But I like the spirit. C'mon, guys, cheer them on. GBR ;) 

• Plus1 3

We weren't as good as some people (myself included) on here thought we would be. 

We weren't as bad as some people on here thought we would be. 

If our offense plays like they did in the first half and the defense plays like they did in the second half for the rest of the year, I like our chances. 

I'll always cheer on my team and hope they do well, even when we're down 42-14.

I learned that partial moral victories suck.

Our defense only seemed to look better in the 2nd half because Oregon coasted out a 28 point half time leadc 

Lee isn't all he's been painted as. He struggled today, made bad decisions and didn't seem to get through any progressions. Not all his fault as our WRs didn't seem to help much. But he made more than his share of bad throws and ill advised throws into coverage.

Not quitting is a good quality but not showing up for half a game (defense first half and offense second half) is pretty hard to overcome.

• Plus1 8

Nothing knew ...

Tanner Lee had a bad game.  He is still our best option.  We lost a game that we were suppose to lose by 10-14.  We made a lot of mistakes and lost by 7.

The defense had a better second half.  I give no credit for half time adjustments.  The adjustments were by Oregon playing not to lose and made it far easier on us.  We lost the game in the first half with terrible defense and overall lack of interest.

We are still on pace to get the necessary wins to make it to the post season and finish 3rd in our half of the conference ... just as predicted.  :-)

• Plus1 2

Lee might have better mechanics than Armstrong and T-Mart, but he's probably just as guilty of trying to force throws that aren't there as those two were.

Going into the season, my #1 concern was the OL, with pass rush #2. At this point, I think the lack of pass rushing has moved up to #1 concern for me.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Could it be that Diaco just doesn't have the players for his system because he literally doesn't have the players for his system?

If you don't have the players for your system, then don't implement your damned system. 

Keep us at a 4-3 and make the switch the next year. But these excuses need to stop. 

• Plus1 7