What did we learn-Game 2 Oregon

JJ Husker

1 minute ago, the paradigm said:

I tried to tell people before the season that Tanner Lee was overrated, and simply the lesser of two evils between him and POB. Nobody wanted to listen, and now they're finding out the hard way. 

In no way has this kid played enough for your statement to be a fact.  Today, he did not play well.  I was rooting for better.

1. The INT on the first offensive play of the game killed us. Getting down 14-0 to start the game off is just ridiculously hard to deal with. Especially when you're playing at a place like Oregon. 

2. We miss Chris Jones. Bookie is going to help a lot. Staff was in on guys like Graham and Pickett who are at Oregon and both made plays. Need to keep upgrading the DB talent 

3. When given the freedom to play aggressively, I like what this defense does. Sure Bootle gave up the TD on the opening drive but he was in position to make a play on the ball and the only way he (and other) DBs learn to play one on one on an island is to be out there and do it in a live game situation

4. Bryant is the #1 RB by far. Hope he is okay. Ozigbo will serve a role if Bryant is out for a while as Wilbon has a way to go in pass pro. 

5. We need another WR to step up. Stanley played awesome tonight but the depth at that spot just isn't there. Its Stanley with a step down to DPE and a clear step down to Lindsay/Spielman and then a clear step down to everyone else. DPE made a hell of a play on the ball in the first q. I have liked that the receivers seem to be attacking the ball more this year.

6. DPE still afraid to return punts

7. Kudos to the OL. They came ready to play tonight. Farniok is your starting RT for the next 4 years. Poss moves to the left when Gates leaves. 

8. This is about what I expected (score wise). People can claim Oregon went vanilla in the second half (last two drives I think they did) but the Huskers stopped the deep passes and really had been stuffing Freeman up the middle for most of the night. I thought the D played better and without the momentum of the two quick scores the Oregon O started to struggle against the Husker D

9. I am not sold on Langs. Think he's a pretty decent QB coach but still has more to prove as an OC.

10. Husker fans still travel better than almost anyone and its going to be great when we finally play in a bowl/game that means something again. Hopefully we rebound and make the B1G Championship game

• Plus1 5

I learned that, much like the last three Riley holdovers, this team won't continue on the way up until Cavanaugh is replaced. Too often are there unblocked guys or easy sacks/missed assignments in the run game for the offense to get into rythm. We could have had a different outcome if Tanner had longer than 3 seconds to get rid of it.

There will be a lot of games where the offensive line continues to get exposed while we keep wondering why Tanner is making errant throws. The guy rarely had long to throw it.

• Plus1 1

I learned this team will give me enough hope to believe, and then rip my heart out. I learned Diaco is as big of a joke as previously thought, and I learned Lee chokes just as Armstrong. And Morgan Jr.

is a beast.

Oh and that wearing my apron during the game is bad luck. Wore it all 1st half, took it off for 2nd. Lol

Let's see...

We learned:

A) Diaco is a joke

B) Riley is a .500 coach, and access to NU resources won't change his pedigree.

C) Eichorst idiotic hiring decision will haunt this program equally as much his inept predecessor Petersen with Callahan.

D) The future (for years to come) is grim

E) We are a 7-5/8-4 team and will be for years to come.

• Plus1 2
41 minutes ago, the paradigm said:

I tried to tell people before the season that Tanner Lee was overrated, and simply the lesser of two evils between him and POB. Nobody wanted to listen, and now they're finding out the hard way. 

Want a cookie? I was critical of Lee today, but we had to literally pick someone to be our starting QB. No free agent signing in college football.

• Plus1 1