What did we learn-Game 2 Oregon

JJ Husker

I learned that Diaco can go pound sand and we're giving this coaching staff way too much credit for the 2nd half turnaround.  

We couldn't stop the pass, again. Oregon threw it 25 times in the first half and 8 in the second. We stopped the run all day, if you wanna give credit to the coaching staff- write willie taggart a thank you note.

usually I'd give a new coach who switches up the scheme a season to adjust but you don't help your own cause when you come into town acting a big game, only to be embarrassed and not own up to it

you can get away with no pass rush, you can get away with poor coverage, you simply cannot have both and that's been the story for the past 5 years.

despite both teams not being ranked, this was a marquee game and I could not honestly tell you the last time we actually showed up to play at kick off in one of these games.

were all grasping for straws here and need to realize that a career 500 coach in his mid 60s is not going to bring us to a consistent level of relevance much less one year of a magical run 

• Plus1 4

Oregon was in ball control, clocking burn mode the whole second half.  They could have put another 42 on the board if they wanted.  Silver lining is Oregon didn't want to completely blow us away.  

3-4 defense is not the answer.  This season is a trial by fire season.  Not competing for conference title.  

• Plus1 1

Think our defensive backfield grew up, they're super young with Eric Lee and Bootle. Antonio Reed played better than I would have thought. 

Tanner Lee was throwing high all game. If he was a little more accurate, we win the game.

Farniok seemed like a bright spot when pre-game looked at as a possible concern. 

Tre Bryant still looked good after week one. He's our only loss (to injury) that really seems to matter. 

Pierson El should have ran it on the last punt. He had room and would have gained at least 15 yards. Might have won the game. 

• Plus1 1

Resources?  What resources?  We have money, and an old traditional program that was built by 2 coaches.  Unfortunately, our tradition is not even relevant to current recruits unless they are born here.  Fant not being offered a position speaks volumes for this program right now.  This program was built on home grown grinders that taught the studs what playing here meant.  Until we recruit home grown talent to stay, and help teach the history, its a wash. 

With the location of the program, and not being relevant since 2001, its going to take a special staff to ever revive this program to national level.  Money and old tradition aren't enough.  Were not producing pros.  Were not developing NFL talent.  This is another issue with all the changes we have made thus far in the last 14 years.  Keep hiring crap, keep putting crap on the field.

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

My straight bets on NU +13.5 and over 69.5 plus parlayed together will buy me some really nice bottles of bourbon which will make these games pretty enjoyable this year.  Thx HCMR!  GBR!

Same here, and my dumbass got drunk on Thursday and put $550 on that parlay...I am happy right now for that!  However, I was hoping we would win and I was worried as hell at halftime...

12 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Oregon was in ball control, clocking burn mode the whole second half.  They could have put another 42 on the board if they wanted.  Silver lining is Oregon didn't want to completely blow us away.  

3-4 defense is not the answer.  This season is a trial by fire season.  Not competing for conference title.  

THIS THIS THIS X 100. Tho I do think the 3-4 can work, if we get more athletes at the outside LB and an edge rusher.  

But to think our staff found some magical formula to switch the script in the 2nd half is just incorrect. Oregon coulda gone for 75 had they went with the same gameplan as the first..

if Royce didn't fumble in the 4th, which he rarely fumbles, this is a 14 point game and we never get the ball back 

• Plus1 1