What did we learn-Game 2 Oregon

JJ Husker

46 minutes ago, Bball1091 said:

Want a cookie? I was critical of Lee today, but we had to literally pick someone to be our starting QB. No free agent signing in college football.

That's not the point. People were annointing him as a savior before he ever took a snap, all based on media hype. But when 1 person who had seen him play 5+ times in game situations tried to tell them to pump the brakes a little, they didn't want to hear it... likely the same ones who are now bitching about his performance. 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, the paradigm said:

That's not the point. People were annointing him as a savior before he ever took a snap, all based on media hype. But when 1 person who had seen him play 5+ times in game situations tried to tell them to pump the brakes a little, they didn't want to hear it... likely the same ones who are now bitching about his performance. 

So what's your point...that you were right and people shouldn't expect much. Everyone should have been more pessimistic and realistic about his abilities. That may be true. Even if that is your point, thanks for pointing it out AFTER that game....you are very smart

• Plus1 1

I haven't read this thread...  Shame on me.  Ahem...  Hey, I was very very disturbed the first few minutes, right?  THEN, I settled down and just watched the game.  I saw our D swarming TO the ball over and over...  Saw them being in position time after time...  Saw our D shut down their star running back 75% of the time.   Saw Tanner Lee is good, but not the second coming... YET. He's good, has some skills and keeps composed.  Good LORD, he should do nothing but IMPROVE...!  I saw an offense that kept it's composure and some running backs that MADE some holes OUT OF NOTHING.  Saw receivers do some really good things.  I saw some mistakes and miscues, but overall I think the team and coaching staff HOLDS THEIR HEAD HIGH considering this loss.  I saw a much MUCH improved team overall tonight.  Hell no, they ain't playing for the NC this year, but who thought they would???  I wish I could message every player and tell them GOOD JOB and way to stay COMPOSED!  GO BIG RED!

1 hour ago, Toe said:

Lee might have better mechanics than Armstrong and T-Mart, but he's probably just as guilty of trying to force throws that aren't there as those two were.

Agreed, Toe. And, for me, even more frustrating were the times Lee missed open receivers. At one point in the second half we had failed to convert our previous 9 third downs. Langsdorf seems a little too pass happy for my taste....And that's a problem when your QB can't even complete 50% of his passes.......:dunno