42-1st half points vs. 0-2nd half points. What was the difference?

To me, the worst thing is that Diaco had 6 days to prepare for his defensive plan for the first half. Obviously, I'm not too impressed. With that said, glad we could make some adjustments and make it a fight in the second half. But, great coaches don't wait until the second half to make adjustments...they beat you from the "get go" each week.

The kids didn't give up. 

I can't give the coaches any credit for the second half.  Those damn kids came out the gate in the second half and just went at it as Oregon become complacent. 

Heart is what made this game close, but heart without good coaching doesn't win games. 

Tip of the hat to you guys who wear the N on the helmet, you played your asses off and didn't give up.  Kudos

• Plus1 3

Indeed, the primary reason the game didn't end 77 -28 is Oregon relaxed and took their foot off the gas.  Why they did is the most interesting question of the game and no doubt will be the subject of Oregon media questions, etc.  I suggested already that Mike Riley is the Mr. Rogers neighbor of the Oregon football neighborhood so of course they are not going to run up the score and embarrass him on national TV.  

This defense someone referred to last night as 'bend and shatter" will have to be changed if we want to have  a chance to win half our games this fall.  

• Plus1 1

I know that most folks will think it's fine for Coach Diaco to be up in the booth during the game but I wonder what the first half would've been like had he been on the ground?  I also think that the two other D coaches on the ground were talking our D throughout that 2nd half. That we were able to keep Oregon scoreless because they were changing the game plan as the boys played. I think the fact that one of those coaches was a former Husker helped. But most of all you saw old fashion Husker spirit. I loved what that Gifford boy said at the end of the game. They didn't want to let all those fans down who had come so far to cheer them on.  THAT heart is Nebraska football.  (I also think Oregon knew they had the game so they just went into cruise control. I doubt they will make that mistake again.)