42-1st half points vs. 0-2nd half points. What was the difference?

Some of you come across as miserable fans. Luck? That is some of your answers. Are you guys even fans at all?

In my opinion, you make your own luck by playing hard and to the whistle. Oregon had their share of luck. 

Does es anyone think Oregon is 28 points better or did the game return to the median through 60 minutes? I think many of

you are giving Oregon way too much credit or not giving our team enough. 

We tightened up in the second half. Offense punched them in the mouth. We looked like the better team in the second half. 

For you pessimistic folks; how do you know Oregon didn't just play above their potential in the first half? We sure as hell helped them.

Itll be interesting to see how we handle teams that don't run the personnel packages we have seen so far. I've generally been encouraged by our run d, which will be important as we get into conference play. OSU showed some holes last night. 

Im cautiously optimistic. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

Please tell us all how to be better fans.  Thank God you showed up.

give at least some credit to our guys would be a nice start.   endless pissing and moaning might make the person who is doing it feel better but it doesn't help anyone else.   i hope none of the players see the crap that gets posted on here sometimes.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

I know that most folks will think it's fine for Coach Diaco to be up in the booth during the game but I wonder what the first half would've been like had he been on the ground?  I also think that the two other D coaches on the ground were talking our D throughout that 2nd half. That we were able to keep Oregon scoreless because they were changing the game plan as the boys played. I think the fact that one of those coaches was a former Husker helped. But most of all you saw old fashion Husker spirit. I loved what that Gifford boy said at the end of the game. They didn't want to let all those fans down who had come so far to cheer them on.  THAT heart is Nebraska football.  (I also think Oregon knew they had the game so they just went into cruise control. I doubt they will make that mistake again.)

I'm with you on the first comment.  I do think something is lost not having him on the field.  Perspective on energy for sure.  And I don't know that his big view from up there has shown a positive ---- if it allows for adjustments due to bigger angle, then it needs to happen sooner.

I totally disagree that our other D coaches suddenly stepped in in H2, or that their previous playing days for whatever school made a difference.

Gifford became a leader yesterday, certainly that was a big factor.

8 hours ago, commando said:

give at least some credit to our guys would be a nice start.   endless pissing and moaning might make the person who is doing it feel better but it doesn't help anyone else.   i hope none of the players see the crap that gets posted on here sometimes.

I was being sarcastic. 

No one here needs someone to "tell them" how to be a fan.  

In fact, if you scroll up a bit, you'll see I gave full credit to the players in this same thread.  I hate how people on this board judge other's fandom, if you will. 

We are all passionate about this team, we all want them to win.  If we didn't care, we wouldn't complain.  It's what makes us human, but 99% of us know the kids play their asses off and we cheer them on during every game.  

Please Please don't get on the soap box and tell people how to be a fan.  It contributes nothing to the board.  We all vent, we all have bad days and sometimes typing it out is a release, so I never judge anyone on here when they go off about something.  Sometimes you just gotta get if off your chest to other fans, which is exactly why this board is great, we have great listeners and many people feel the same.  So don't judge, just read, and take it for what it is, which is an upset fan.  

Thankfully we all agree on one thing: We want the best for this team.  

Go Big Red.  Have a good sunday night buddy *cheers*

• Plus1 1

Oregon didn't go fully vanilla immediately in the 3rd. Part of it was luck and part of it was momentum - we scored quick, forced a three and out, then Oregon went full conservative mode.

Regardless - it's a very legitimate accomplishment (albeit a minor one in the scheme of things) for our players to execute and give up zero second half points to that offense.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Stu said:

I was being sarcastic. 

No one here needs someone to "tell them" how to be a fan.  

In fact, if you scroll up a bit, you'll see I gave full credit to the players in this same thread.  I hate how people on this board judge other's fandom, if you will. 

We are all passionate about this team, we all want them to win.  If we didn't care, we wouldn't complain.  It's what makes us human, but 99% of us know the kids play their asses off and we cheer them on during every game.  

Please Please don't get on the soap box and tell people how to be a fan.  It contributes nothing to the board.  We all vent, we all have bad days and sometimes typing it out is a release, so I never judge anyone on here when they go off about something.  Sometimes you just gotta get if off your chest to other fans, which is exactly why this board is great, we have great listeners and many people feel the same.  So don't judge, just read, and take it for what it is, which is an upset fan.  

Thankfully we all agree on one thing: We want the best for this team.  

Go Big Red.  Have a good sunday night buddy *cheers*

Since you're apparently so good at reading, maybe you should look at some of the comments around here. Furthermore, if you actually read my comment,  my comment is in question form as it relates to being a fan. The comments can make a person wonder. There is no preaching about how to be a fan, but thanks for preaching about what is important or insightful on this board. 

Whos the one preaching again? Pot meet kettle. Clown.

2 minutes ago, VizionNE said:

Since you're apparently so good at reading, maybe you should look at some of the comments around here. Furthermore, if you actually read my comment,  my comment is in question form as it relates to being a fan. The comments can make a person wonder. There is no preaching about how to be a fan, but thanks for preaching about what is important or insightful on this board. 

Whos the one preaching again? Pot meet kettle. Clown.

Name calling doesn't look good on you.  

Have a good night.