I guess we are over Tanner Lee

Huskerfan55

6 minutes ago, Huskerfan55 said:

This kid has no ability to roll out that I have seen!  Running and passing are like walking and chewing gum for him it wont happen!  Like Riley it is time to think of a different option!

Lee can roll out jeeze  Louis you may be the most hyperbolic poster on this site 

9 minutes ago, huskered17 said:

I thought the last one was on the O-line. His arm did get hit as he was throwing it. 

What i did notice was Oregon's db's were always right on our receivers. Except the blown coverage td . That tells me, he had to be looking at his receivers  the whole way.

GBR!!!

I forgot his arm got hit on the one you are right.  If I recall his TE was blocking on that play 

16 minutes ago, HuskerfaninOkieland said:

The OL isn't giving Lee much chance IMO but I've only watched bits and pieces of yesterday's game

Overal the O-line did really well last night in the run game and with pass protection.  There were times when Lee had all day to throw and still was missing targets.  The O-line does not deserve most of the criticism that Lee deserves.

• Plus1 1
Just now, The Dude said:

Eh, Morgan wasn't exactly open.   While it was a good pass, it was not a good decision, and it resulted in a turnover.  Which led to 7 points for Oregon.

That's honestly my biggest criticism with Riley's/Langsdorf's offense.  There are too many times where they ask the QB to force the ball into tight spaces or into coverage.  If the QB makes an inaccurate throw or the WR makes a mistake, there is a good chance it leads to an INT.

1 minute ago, bnilhome said:

Overal the O-line did really well last night in the run game and with pass protection.  There were times when Lee had all day to throw and still was missing targets.  The O-line does not deserve most of the criticism that Lee deserves.

Lee is also a statue back there.  The line (and other protectors) are going to give up sacks when the QB is a statue, he holds onto the ball a long time, and they drop back to pass 45 times in a game.

I guess one other thing I was expecting out of Lee but did not see yesterday was leadership.  We were told that the team gravitated toward him, and he was a natural leader, yet I did not see him trying to motivate his team that they could in fact come back and win, or show the kind of poise down the stretch that he knew he could lead them to victory.  This was just the opposite when I watched the OU/OSU game and it was tied 10-10 in the 2nd half, and Mayfield took charge, led his team down the field, was in their faces on offense and defense pumping them up, etc..  I realize Mayfield is a Heisman candidate, but even some of his leadership skills would have been nice to see from Tanner.

30 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

Two of the picks last night you unequivocally can't blame on Lee. He made a tremendous throw to Morgan on our first offensive play that Stanley hosed him on. If he catches it's a first down and a good start to the game. Instead it clangs off his facemask and right to an OU defender.

The one that ended the game was due to a pathetic pass block from the TE that let the defender hit his arm. It must feel just disgusting to have a chance at a comeback drive and to get one throw that goes THAT way. I have to wonder how angry he was after that went down like it did.

The other two were pretty bad, IIRC. I remember a defender undercutting a route over the middle for a 3rd pick and I'm blanking on the 4th.

Overall, he's still pretty up and down. There were times he made great throws. Liked that they opened it up and took some shots, even though the one to Lindsey wasn't complete. There were other times he had people open (like on the pick) where he took too long or didn't put the required zip on the ball and let a defender undercut the route. I remember another on a sideline out to Morgan near the endzone very clearly.

The offense is still growing. The receivers are going to need to step up and start catching the easy ones, as well as the difficult ones where Lee makes a good throw. You can't hang your QB out to dry when he does his job. The biggest issue for me right now is the pass-pro from the OL, the TEs & the RBs. One thing I think we can safely say is Lee is not as mobile as we'd like - so they're going to have to man up to keep him clean this year for this offense to work. They didn't do a good job yesterday, IMO.

Who was that TE on that last play?