I guess we are over Tanner Lee

Huskerfan55

2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Hard to talk about the QB when your defense or lack of one spots the other team 42 points in the first half. Who are we kidding....somebody really thought it was the quarterback?

I understand it's hard to come back from that big deficit, but there were 4 straight drives in the 2nd half where the offense came up empty.  The D was making stops and creating turnovers and the offense was doing nothing for the last 25 minutes of the game.

Just now, Huskerfan55 said:

No one said it was the QB's fault although 4 int's is not good.  We have coaches who have no sense of urgency and it tells in their demeanor!  He is not what we were sold at all!

The 4 INT's aren't a total indictment on the QB, but they are an indictment on Langsdorf's (and Riley's) offense.  In 2015, we were told that the mistakes were due to Armstrong's poor passing and decision making.  Now, that Riley and Langsdorf have a QB more of their style, the offense is still making mistakes.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I understand it's hard to come back from that big deficit, but there were 4 straight drives in the 2nd half where the offense came up empty.  The D was making stops and creating turnovers and the offense was doing nothing for the last 25 minutes of the game.

Good thing Oregon became really stupid and stopped passing on us.......it was better for the kids that way.

Just now, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Yeah I stated earlier I forgot his arm got hit on the one and I don't think it was Farniok I think it was one of the TE's who got beat.  

Very well could've been a TE. I thought that one was Farniok I do know it game from the right side. But the middle two INT's were definitely his fault just horrible throws. 

22 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

Who was that TE on that last play?

Listening to DB from last night right now. He just said it was Hoppes coming back to try to block after being in motion. IIRC he did have to come from across the other side of the line.

So part of it was poor play design, IMO (having him have to move that far is a stretch)... but it was still a terrible attempt at a block. The defender bounced right off him on the way to hitting Lee's arm.

Their OLBs/DL killed us at several points last night. Lee's lack of mobility was really apparent.

40 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Eh, Morgan wasn't exactly open.   While it was a good pass, it was not a good decision, and it resulted in a turnover.  Which led to 7 points for Oregon.

I don't know man. Throwing into double coverage is generally not advisable, but he threaded it in there and the throw was money.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, but in order to win football games, players have to make plays. Morgan is one of our best players. I was disappointed with him on that one.

• Plus1 1

These are things that I heard about Lee during the off-season from fans, that Lee hasn't shown me yet this season.

1.  Lee will be able to step up in the pocket to avoid sacks.

2.  Lee is mobile enough to actually run designed QB runs.

3.  It will be good to have a QB to go throw progressions and make accurate passes to the 2nd or 3rd option on the play.

4.  Lee won't force throws downfield.