I guess we are over Tanner Lee

Huskerfan55

49 minutes ago, bnilhome said:

I tend to agree that Tommy would have gotten Nebraska across the finish line which is hard to admit as I was never a huge fan of his effectiveness as a QB (loved his heart though).

Tommy would've done the exact same thing. Brought us to the brink and thrown a pick. His would've been worse. Check the Miami game...........

• Plus1 2

So we have this kid.  He's not a top prospect out of high school and he ends up in a dump that is Tulane.  While at Tulane, he doesn't show much and transfers to Nebraska.  Before he's even seen the field, our fans have him as a Heiman candidate and a top NFL prospect based on nothing.  After two games, he hasn't lived up to the bloated billing.  Is it any wonder why fans get so disappointed after Nebraska losses?  Many have insane, over the top expectations for this program.  It can't deliver.  When some folks finally tune into reality, their lives will be a lot better.

As for Lee, I see a lot of potential and I am excited to see where it leads.  But my days of having our Huskers wins/losses determine my mood for the weekend are over.  I suggest others follow suit.  You'll be much, much better off.  This isn't the old Nebraska.  If you want the old Nebraska, go root for Alabama.  

• Plus1 1

The first INT was on Morgan. The last was on the TE not getting the blitz.  The other two were poor decisions.  Like TA, in this game he appeared to lock on and let go.  Maybe because it was his first time as a Husker he felt quick pressure on every snap.  Figure drop back and fire it.  And like TA had a few that could've been INT's.  And a few that were high.......

When we do not have a viable #2 RB and the #1 goes down and you have a statue as a QB, u rush 3 and drop 8......I'll throw Reggie Davis under the bus.  Where the hell is the development in our 2 "senior" backs.......If Tre isn't healthy, you think it was bad when teams loaded the box to stop our running game, imagine a 50% passer with no running game.  

Tanner Lee career at Tulane: 53.6%, 5.9 ypa, 1.1:1 TD:INT ratio

Tanner Lee through two games: 52.1%, 6.7 ypa, 1.25:1 TD: INT ratio

Yes, it's only two games.  But a lot of people tried to cite injuries and poor teammates for his low numbers at Tulane.  But he's basically been the same so far here.  

Not that he can't get better - I would sure hope that he would.  

But from what I've seen so far I think what we're seeing is what we're going to get.  I'm sure he'll have some better games here and there.  But I'm not holding my breath for a dramatic improvement.

Oregon and Arkansas State were #113 and #51 in pass defense last year.  The competition is going to get better as we go along as well.

Edited by Mavric
Corrected stats
  • Plus1 2
5 hours ago, Huskerfan55 said:

No one said it was the QB's fault

Uh... you did.

6 hours ago, Huskerfan55 said:

The best QB on the field last night by far was in Oregon colors.  Lee was what he was at Tulane an adequate QB 3 TD and 4 intercepts oh yeah one fumble was Tommy back playing yesterday!

Tired of an Oline that is very suspect and a defense who is beyond suspect!

Last week people were comparing him to Brady - I am not impressed at all if we go 5-7 under him will he request a change?

This kid has no ability to roll out that I have seen!  Running and passing are like walking and chewing gum for him it wont happen!  Like Riley it is time to think of a different option!

5 hours ago, Huskerfan55 said:

How many time in the glory days and even under Pelini did we absolutly feast on the Statue QB?  I rest my case!

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, MattyIce said:

Game 1: Literallt 2-3 poor throws.

Game 2: on road in a hellacious atmosphere for first time in career, almost leads team back from down 28, makes probably 6-7 poor throws.

Im still backing this guy.

Hellacious? 15,000 husker fans in a 55,000 capacity stadium? It's a good atmosphere, but let's not get carried away. 

• Plus1 3

Lee was put in a lot of obvious passing downs; but it wasn't an overwhelming amount of throws he went out and made.

even down by a wide margin; we stayed fairly balanced and cut the deficit fairly quickly.

the problem was the fact that Lee made lots of inaccurate throws, even when he had a fair amount of time and space.

the picks/bad decision making can be corrected. Accuracy typically cannot. I hope this was just an off game.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Tanner Lee career at Tulane: 53.6%, 5.9 ypa, 1.1:1 TD:INT ratio

Tanner Lee through two games: 52.1%, 6.7 ypa, 1.25:1 TD: INT ratio

Yes, it's only two games.  But a lot of people tried to cite injuries and poor teammates for his low numbers at Tulane.  But he's basically been the same so far here.  

Not that he can't get better - I would sure hope that he would.  

But from what I've seen so far I think what we're seeing is what we're going to get.  I'm sure he'll have some better games here and there.  But I'm not holding my breath for a dramatic improvement.

Oregon and Arkansas State were #113 and #51 in pass defense last year.  The competition is going to get better as we go along as well.

It's concerning, but the sample size is only 2 games for the Huskers as you said.

Here's part of the problem.  These are passes you simply can not miss if you're going to be a good QB.  First pass play of our second possession.  Clean pocket.  Clear passing lane.  Wide open receiver.  And he sails it way over DPE's head and it was behind him to boot.  This it totally Lee's inability to complete one of the easiest passes he'll have.

AiQYtCM.png

• Plus1 4

part of the problem I have in suggesting we even think about putting in another QB is that they will have growing pains that could cost us more games this year- if that happens Eikhorst might have to fire Riley at the end of this year- we don't want that to happen (or of course the losses) we need time to get rid of Eikhorst first-

I want the old man to win, but lets face it even if he wins enough to hang on what i the end game? I mean its not like he's a spring chicken