Last 10 games

I realize we have a new offensive scheme and a new DC, but I was frankly expecting more to start the 2017 season.  But then I wondered why I should be expecting more, as the 2016 season ended horribly.  With that said, when you look at our last 10 games, Nebraska is 5-5, with our best win being a 28-7 victory over Maryland.  To me beating mediocre programs like Maryland should be a base expectation, and not the biggest win in the last 10 games, and then I realize that is what this program has become and the bar has not been raised over the past few seasons.  I am still hopeful that better talent can turn things around, but I question whether we have the coaches to win on the game field.

• Plus1 4

Thing is to start last season we won something like 10 of 11 beating #5 MSU, UCLA, and Oregon with the only loss by 1 score to #4 Iowa.

I think this team is more likely to get better than worse and I'm hopeful for the rest of the season. But if the problems, rather than the potential, persist throughout the season it may definitely be a long year.

Just now, RedDenver said:

Don't pretend like you aren't pushing the narrative that Riley was a .500 coach, so he's always going to be a .500 coach. 

Again...it is not my narrative.  There is nothing to pretend.  It is a fact.  He is a career 500 coach.  Now, I have not done the math but if he wins out this season maybe he goes up to 600, I am not sure.  If he does that will be what he is...a 600 career coach.

• Plus1 4
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

And was .333 in the 9 games before that 10 game stretch.

and .500 prior to all that, but hey we knew all that going in so is there any point in bringing up facts at this juncture?

Did the press ever actually ask Eikhorst about MR's record? if so, does anyone have the video