If we lose a CLOSE game to Northern Illinois

speedtoburn

For those who didn't take the Oregon loss as heavily as those who did, I'm curious about something, would a close loss to Northern Illinois create cause for concern in your opinion? 

I'm not talking about the game unfolding in the same way the Oregon game did where the Ducks raced out to a huge lead, I'm talking about an even, pitched back and forth battle which saw the Huskers losing a close one...say 34-31, something like that.

Would you suspect/worry about deeper issues (whatever they may be), or not so much since the loss would have zero impact on B1G goals, etc.? 

43 minutes ago, speedtoburn said:

For those who didn't take the Oregon loss as heavily as those who did, I'm curious about something, would a close loss to Northern Illinois create cause for concern in your opinion? 

I'm not talking about the game unfolding in the same way the Oregon game did where the Ducks raced out to a huge lead, I'm talking about an even, pitched back and forth battle which saw the Huskers losing a close one...say 34-31, something like that.

Would you suspect/worry about deeper issues (whatever they may be), or not so much since the loss would have zero impact on B1G goals, etc.? 

If this happens with how much more talent we will have than them I think all the Riley haters would be on to something. No way this game should be a back and forth battle. Even if we are down Tre and the coaches don't like Ozigbo (for whatever reason) we should be able to control the LOS and get Lee into a comfortable rhythm to get his confidence back before conference play. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, In the Deed the Glory said:

Why does there have to be Riley Lovers and Riley Haters?  Why can't we just watch the games, support the team, and hope for the best?  That doesn't make you're a Riley lover, it makes you a Husker fan.

I don't know...for some reason that is sort of how it plays out.

It was the same with with Bo...before that it was the "tradition coalition"

• Plus1 1