Nebraska's 2020 and 2021 B1G Schedules Released Today

seaofred92

11 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

Not really a jab. If we were as good as PSU, Wisc, Mich, or OSU the schedule would look more fun as opposed to daunting 

and im usually extremely optimistic 

Actually the body of your post is accurate and carries the most weight as it should - it's the beginning and end that fall short.

From another board.  Neb/Iowa games vs the east through 2021.  Would like to throw Wisc in here, but they were in the other division our first few years

Indiana - 2 / 6
Maryland - 2 / 4
Rutgers - 4 / 2
PSU - 5 / 7
Michigan - 5 / 6
MSU - 7 / 4
OSU - 8 / 3

Maybe the correct comparison is since B1G went east/west

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

This is telling and shows that we have gotten a tough draw along the way - however most that know NU football would say we should have been able to handle it.  What catches my eye as a ticket holder is that NU fans in Lincoln have always craved the big games at home and over the early years of the bigTen we have traveled to more big AWAY games then HOME - with the 3 biggest traditions in the conference ( -1 with Mich / -1 with OSU / -1 with Penn St)

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

2020 Schedule

9/5 Purdue

9/12 Cincinnati 

9/19 Central Michigan 

TBD

10/3 @ Northwestern 

10/10 Illinois

BYE

10/24 @ Rutgers

10/31 @ Ohio State

11/7 Penn State

11/14 @ Iowa

11/21 @ Wisconsin 

11/28 Minnesota 

2021 Schedule

9/4 N. Illinois 

9/11 Buffalo
9/18 @ Oklahoma 

9/25 @ Michigan State 

10/2 Ohio State

10/9 Northwestern 

10/16 @ Purdue 

BYE

10/30 Michigan 

11/6 Iowa 

11/13 @ Illinois 

11/20 Wisconsin

11/27 @ Minnesota 

f'ing brutal for our poodles!

I love the idea of playing a conference opponent week 1, something I have wanted us to do for a long time.  But since we are ditching the Iowa Black Friday matchup, this is a prime time to do this:

Let Iowa and Wisconsin play every year on Saturday for Rivalry week.  Move our game with Iowa to week 1.  Start the year off with a division opponent, win and we lead the division.  This will not only let us see where we stand with a solid early challenge, it lets us schedule a Kent State or Florida International the week before rivalry week.  Minnesota?  Nah, we go get Oklahoma to the Big Ten and quit flirting with it.  Then we schedule them for Black Friday and all is right with the world.

• Plus1 1

I did a schedule breakdown of cross division opponents from the 9 game conference schedule time frame (2016-2021).  Basically the B1G has given everyone a cross division "rival" you play every year, then you get every other team twice over this 6 year span.  Surprised no one else has picked up on this yet.

So the "rivals" are:

Nebraska - Ohio St

Iowa - Penn St

Wisconsin - Michigan

Minnesota - Maryland

Northwestern - Michigan St

Illinois - Rutgers

Purdue - indiana

• Plus1 3
16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I did a schedule breakdown of cross division opponents from the 9 game conference schedule time frame (2016-2021).  Basically the B1G has given everyone a cross division "rival" you play every year, then you get every other team twice over this 6 year span.  Surprised no one else has picked up on this yet.

So the "rivals" are:

Nebraska - Ohio St

Iowa - Penn St

Wisconsin - Michigan

Minnesota - Maryland

Illinois - Rutgers

Purdue - Illinois

How does Purdue get a cross division rival of Illinois. Seems like an unfair advantage :P

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

So the "rivals" are:

Nebraska - Ohio St

Iowa - Penn St

Wisconsin - Michigan

Minnesota - Maryland

Illinois - Rutgers

Purdue - indiana

Well, it's odd they did that.  But, I guess if we want to be the best, you have to beat the best.  Might as well be OSU.

It's clear they view Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska the best in the west and OSU, Mich and PSU best in the east.  I would have preferred those 6 schools to still circulate through.