• Announcements

• Mavric

Fall 2017 Fundraiser   09/22/2017

One of the things that was lost in the board upgrade is the way we used to give users the "Donor" tag that showed up below their user info doesn't work the same way anymore.  I have a new tag set up that will go to anyone who donates going forward.   I should get a notification when you donate but it is only tied to your email, not your username.  So if I don't get your tag on right away either PM me or send an email to Admin@HuskerBoard.com.
seaofred92

Nebraska's 2020 and 2021 B1G Schedules Released Today

seaofred92    1,053

1. We open the season vs Purdue in 2020. First time we open the season vs a conference opponent since 2003: 

2. "we play Ohio State so much!" - You are correct!

3. Nebraska and Iowa are no longer Black Friday rivals:

knapplc    17,313

Playing Ohio State eight times in eleven years, but Michigan only six times and Indiana only four times seems really weird.

Red Five    2,873

Nebraska - @Rutgers, @Ohio St, Penn St

Iowa - Mich St, @Ohio St, @Penn St

Wisc - Indiana, @Michigan, @Maryland

Nebraska - @Mich St, Ohio St, Michigan

Iowa - Indiana, Penn St, Maryland

Wisc - Penn St, Michigan, @Rutgers

ColoradoHusk    2,937
2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

We just need to keep telling ourselves that the money is worth it.

That's why I'm not a fan of the 9 game conference schedule.  The years with 5 road conference games can be such a bear.

Red Five    2,873

Why can't their just be a rotation like we had in the Big 12?  Sure math gets messy with 7 teams for 3 spots, , but you would think it could be evened out?

BIG ERN    749

2020 Schedule

9/5 Purdue

9/12 Cincinnati 

9/19 Central Michigan 

TBD

10/3 @ Northwestern 

10/10 Illinois

BYE

10/24 @ Rutgers

10/31 @ Ohio State

11/7 Penn State

11/14 @ Iowa

11/21 @ Wisconsin 

11/28 Minnesota 

2021 Schedule

9/4 N. Illinois 

9/11 Buffalo
9/18 @ Oklahoma 

9/25 @ Michigan State 

10/2 Ohio State

10/9 Northwestern 

10/16 @ Purdue 

BYE

10/30 Michigan 

11/6 Iowa 

11/13 @ Illinois 

11/20 Wisconsin

11/27 @ Minnesota 

El Diaco    4,248

Shouldn't that 2021 schedule say at Penn State instead of at Illinois?

Gauntlet my a$$.

ColoradoHusk    2,937
15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Why can't their just be a rotation like we had in the Big 12?  Sure math gets messy with 7 teams for 3 spots, , but you would think it could be evened out?

I also would prefer some type of rotation.  At least the Big Ten got rid of the "designated cross-division rivalry" although NU plays Ohio State almost every year, so it's like we are designated rivals.

wiuhusker    119

Seems like the conference loves matching us up with Ohio State. That 2021 schedule is no joke either. A lot of good home games and a trip to Norman. Can't complain about that. 

Mavric    8,744
34 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

My biggest takeaway - we need to get a lot better soon. 

Yep.  Oddly enough when you're the 5th or 6th best team in the conference you end up playing several teams that are better than you.

Nebfanatic    617
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

We start playing Oklahoma in 2021 on September 25th.  Move that game to Black Friday.  Minnesota to September 25th.

The 18th actually 

MattyIce    1,570
1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

I love that we are playing a lot of good teams.

Disappointed we didn't get our OSU home dates flipped...so that home schedules each year are a little sexier or more even.

Disappointed we play Minnesota the day after Thanksgiving... What is the point? Just move it to Saturday or let's do OU every year that day.

MattyIce    1,570

I STAND CORRECTED. AND I LIKE THIS....

Just saw a tweet that associate commisioner said it's fair to expect

NEBRASKA/WISCONSIN to be the new Black Friday game after 2021.

Man, I hope I'm still alive then.

GBRFAN    357
10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yep.  Oddly enough when you're the 5th or 6th best team in the conference you end up playing several teams that are better than you.

Nice Jab!!!

Nebfanatic    617
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You're right....I stand corrected.

But I mean your idea could still apply to that date. The schedule would appear more opportune that way.

BigRedBuster    7,056

I now see why they put Purdue as our first game in 2020.  At this time, we don't have a marquee non-con game scheduled that year.  We typically wouldn't want that game to be our very first game.  This way, it's going to be the 4th game.

famoustitles    366
27 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Nice Jab!!!

Not really a jab. If we were as good as PSU, Wisc, Mich, or OSU the schedule would look more fun as opposed to daunting 

and im usually extremely optimistic 

BigRedBuster    7,056

One way to look at this is they are giving us every opportunity to knock off the East big boys.  If we get to the end of a season at the top, they won't be able to say...well.....they didn't play Michigan, OSU, PSU or MSU.

GBRFAN    357
11 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

Not really a jab. If we were as good as PSU, Wisc, Mich, or OSU the schedule would look more fun as opposed to daunting 

and im usually extremely optimistic 

Actually the body of your post is accurate and carries the most weight as it should - it's the beginning and end that fall short.

unlfan    391

Feel likes an announcement that will illicit a bunch of hot takes from fans and local media.

Simple truth is we know we are going to be playing good teams on a weekly basis in this conference. Need to get better, and fast.

Redux    4,833
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Nebraska - @Mich St, Ohio St, Michigan

Iowa - Indiana, Penn St, Maryland

Wisc - Penn St, Michigan, @Rutgers

wtf.gif

Red Five    2,873

From another board.  Neb/Iowa games vs the east through 2021.  Would like to throw Wisc in here, but they were in the other division our first few years

Indiana - 2 / 6
Maryland - 2 / 4
Rutgers - 4 / 2
PSU - 5 / 7
Michigan - 5 / 6
MSU - 7 / 4
OSU - 8 / 3

Maybe the correct comparison is since B1G went east/west

GBRFAN    357
15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

This is telling and shows that we have gotten a tough draw along the way - however most that know NU football would say we should have been able to handle it.  What catches my eye as a ticket holder is that NU fans in Lincoln have always craved the big games at home and over the early years of the bigTen we have traveled to more big AWAY games then HOME - with the 3 biggest traditions in the conference ( -1 with Mich / -1 with OSU / -1 with Penn St)

Hunter94    473
1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

2020 Schedule

9/5 Purdue

9/12 Cincinnati 

9/19 Central Michigan 

TBD

10/3 @ Northwestern 

10/10 Illinois

BYE

10/24 @ Rutgers

10/31 @ Ohio State

11/7 Penn State

11/14 @ Iowa

11/21 @ Wisconsin 

11/28 Minnesota 

2021 Schedule

9/4 N. Illinois 

9/11 Buffalo
9/18 @ Oklahoma 

9/25 @ Michigan State 

10/2 Ohio State

10/9 Northwestern 

10/16 @ Purdue 

BYE

10/30 Michigan 

11/6 Iowa 

11/13 @ Illinois 

11/20 Wisconsin

11/27 @ Minnesota 

f'ing brutal for our poodles!

Redux    4,833

I love the idea of playing a conference opponent week 1, something I have wanted us to do for a long time.  But since we are ditching the Iowa Black Friday matchup, this is a prime time to do this:

Let Iowa and Wisconsin play every year on Saturday for Rivalry week.  Move our game with Iowa to week 1.  Start the year off with a division opponent, win and we lead the division.  This will not only let us see where we stand with a solid early challenge, it lets us schedule a Kent State or Florida International the week before rivalry week.  Minnesota?  Nah, we go get Oklahoma to the Big Ten and quit flirting with it.  Then we schedule them for Black Friday and all is right with the world.

HuskermanMike    283
32 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Can't wait to play Maryland, Rutgers and Indiana in 2022. Or hopefully that is the draw we get. I wouldn't mind a Michigan or Penn State instead of Rutgers. We should be on a break from play tOSU as it seems they may as well be in our division. 

Red Five    2,873

I did a schedule breakdown of cross division opponents from the 9 game conference schedule time frame (2016-2021).  Basically the B1G has given everyone a cross division "rival" you play every year, then you get every other team twice over this 6 year span.  Surprised no one else has picked up on this yet.

So the "rivals" are:

Nebraska - Ohio St

Iowa - Penn St

Wisconsin - Michigan

Minnesota - Maryland

Northwestern - Michigan St

Illinois - Rutgers

Purdue - indiana

famoustitles    366
16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I did a schedule breakdown of cross division opponents from the 9 game conference schedule time frame (2016-2021).  Basically the B1G has given everyone a cross division "rival" you play every year, then you get every other team twice over this 6 year span.  Surprised no one else has picked up on this yet.

So the "rivals" are:

Nebraska - Ohio St

Iowa - Penn St

Wisconsin - Michigan

Minnesota - Maryland

Illinois - Rutgers

Purdue - Illinois

How does Purdue get a cross division rival of Illinois. Seems like an unfair advantage :P

Red Five    2,873
3 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

How does Purdue get a cross division rival of Illinois. Seems like an unfair advantage :P

Ooops.

Illinois, Indiana, whats the difference?

BigRedBuster    7,056
2 hours ago, Red Five said:

So the "rivals" are:

Nebraska - Ohio St

Iowa - Penn St

Wisconsin - Michigan

Minnesota - Maryland

Illinois - Rutgers

Purdue - indiana

Well, it's odd they did that.  But, I guess if we want to be the best, you have to beat the best.  Might as well be OSU.

It's clear they view Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska the best in the west and OSU, Mich and PSU best in the east.  I would have preferred those 6 schools to still circulate through.

BigRedBuster    7,056

Interesting looking at how our schedule compares to Wisconsin's.

If you consider OSU, Mich and PSU as the top three teams from the east, over the next 5 years, Nebraska plays two of them 4 years and Wisconsin plays two of them 2 years.

Mavric    8,744
On 9/12/2017 at 2:18 PM, GBRFAN said:

Nice Jab!!!

You're right.  I should feel bad for not giving Iowa and Purdue enough credit.

seaofred92    1,053

Damn looks like a great schedule, hopefully our postgame press conferences are fun to watch! our coach is so nice its so great! He is the best and he's a family man, so glad he's our coach, it doesn't matter whether we win or lose!