Minnesota replacing Iowa as Nebraska's Thanksgiving Game

knapplc

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

'Twasn't Nebraska killed the trophy. Remember, we had it on display at the Fan Experience pavilion the year before it went missing.  Why would we display it, celebrate it, then axe it?

Didn't we have the trophy, then lock it away? Somebody posted an email exchange in the last thread with some details.

36 minutes ago, NotaHusker said:

As a Hawkeye fan, I'm glad we are playing Wisconsin the last game of the year, the series is at 45-43-2, a real rivalry.  Nebraska needs to go back to the Texas League/B12 and make both conferences better.  

You're kind of a d--k.  (dork)

As a Gopher fan, I'm glad to be playing Nebraska last game of the year.  Unlike Hawkeye fans they can read and write, and unlike Badger fans they don't copulate with roadkill.  As far as I know.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/judge-rules-dead-deer-sex

• Plus1 3

Pretty sure it was joint, but there is no reason Eichorst would want to promote a Pelini based trophy

From a reddit guy who did a FOIA request:

I sent a request to UNL's legal counsel last week asking for any emails among certain university officials pertaining to the $5 trophy during the week following the Nebraska-Minnesota game.

Today I received their response.

Unfortunately, no emails were exchanged that discuss the location or status of the trophy. The only interesting little tidbit was an internal email showing that they are indeed suppressing the trophy:

No idea on the whereabouts of the chair since it isn't an official trophy game. I don't think either school is interested in promoting it if we can avoid that.

(Keith Mann, Assistant AD for Communications)

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, NotaHusker said:

As a Hawkeye fan, I'm glad we are playing Wisconsin the last game of the year, the series is at 45-43-2, a real rivalry.  Nebraska needs to go back to the Texas League/B12 and make both conferences better.  

Ah, how precious and you even thought it would impress somebody to admit you're a Hawkeye fan right off the bat.

• Plus1 2
49 minutes ago, NotaHusker said:

I would gladly trade you for Iowa State

4 minutes ago, NotaHusker said:

guess in the end, the  B1G had to "evaluate where Nebraska was as a program".  And Minnesota does have more National Titles than the Huskers, and neither are relevant today, so this is a good fit.  

And if you subtract our national titles from Minnesota's national titles, you still have more than Iowa has.

• Plus1 4