Minnesota replacing Iowa as Nebraska's Thanksgiving Game

knapplc

12 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I'm more ticked that Nebraska is stuck playing Ohio State for the next few years.  I'd be nice to catch someone else that isn't you know..a total juggernaut.  Heck, give us Michigan.  After Harbaugh leaves to take the Colts job and fire up the Andrew Luck connection UM will be in flux again.

I don't get it?

Why don't you want to play tOSU?

I am so happy with how tough our schedule is the next handful of years. I want to see us against the best.

My complaints - uneven HOME/AWAY schedule each year. EX: HOME: Iowa, tOSU, Wisconsin this year, 1 should be away so that next year isn't so light at home.

-Moving the game off of Black Friday. It's tradition. One that I love.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, dtbugeater said:

I just can't help but feel that the entire move to the big 10 has just been a disappointment from a fan perspective.  The piles of cash and the stability made it the right choice, but as a dude sitting on my couch who occasionally goes to games it just doesn't feel as fun as it used to.   

I'm definitely this way. I know the trips to ISU, KSU, KU had gotten stale, but most of the trips were easy to get to for NU fans.  Even the trips in Texas were do-able, and Texas in the fall was a nice break from cooler weather in the north. 

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm definitely this way. I know the trips to ISU, KSU, KU had gotten stale, but most of the trips were easy to get to for NU fans.  Even the trips in Texas were do-able, and Texas in the fall was a nice break from cooler weather in the north. 

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Most fans feel this way they just won't admit it.  Most fans don't care about the amount of money.  The road trips in the big ten suck and the schedule making is crazy

This was Nebraska stripping itself of a way to make itself unique. This is Nebraska choosing to play on Saturday — Ohio State-Michigan Day — and fade into the Big Ten woodwork.

Unbelievable.

It’s not about Iowa. NU hasn’t been in this league long enough to call anyone rivals yet. Sure, the Hawkeyes-Huskers thing has potential — potential it can now realize on another weekend. But Iowa was rivals with Wisconsin and Minnesota — and to some extent Illinois — many years before the Huskers showed up.

No, it’s not about Iowa. But then, it was never about Colorado, either. The Big 12 could have put K-State or Missouri in that slot and it would have been fine.

It was always about Black Friday, a day with a connection to the most famous Thanksgiving game of all — the 1971 “Game of the Century” played on Thanksgiving Day itself. And a connection to all those ’90s champs. But moreover, a chance for the NU program to stand out on a day without many games on TV and millions of football-watchers avoiding shopping by camping out in front of the tube.

Goodness, what a turnover.

OWH

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

OMG.....You mean the tradition was started to play on THANKSGIVING????  Those people were IDIOTS that changed it to Friday.  They must not have cared at all about the fans.

Afterall....That's when the GAME OF THE CENTURY WAS PLAYED!!!!!

Oh the horror!!!!

Isn't all the fake outrage grand? 

And now the fake nostalgia for the Big XII comes back.

All because the schedule changed.

People truly will complain about anything.  What a time to be alive.

• Plus1 3