Online Petition Black friday

ScottyIce

8 minutes ago, Street Novelist said:

Playing the day after Thanksgiving is something I have always looked forward to. My dad and I would eat leftovers while all the crazies would be out shopping. It's tradition; that's why eliminating it bothers me.

You'll still have leftovers to eat while people shop on Saturday.

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, The Maudfather said:

Put me in the I don't care camp. Why does it matter if we play on Black Friday? It's not like we're playing Colorado or OU. 

As I said in the other thread:

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

The reason you play on Friday is for the program exposure as you are one of the few games that day.  Saturday means the game is lost in the shuffle behind OSU/Mich, Bama/Aub, Florida/FSU, etc.

There is a pretty big difference between a poll, especially one with wishy washy choices as posted above, and a well structured and targeted petition. You can't vote against a petition. You can't be lukewarm or wishy washy with a petition. You either sign it or not. If it is written right, targeted to the correct people, gets enogh signatures to garner attention and followed up on, it could make a difference. A poll is not designed to elicit change. Heck, given the choices in that poll above, I probably would've voted "fine, don't care" but I would sign a petition to keep it on Friday and I don't really care that much at this point in time.

I am indifferent and could be convinced either way. I do LOVE the game on black friday and for most of my life the family has made a Thanksgiving tradition out of it. On the other hand, I trust MR and if he feels its best to not play on a short week that late in the season I'll go along with it - just want the best chance to win every week.

Not a fan of the friday night games that the B10 is trying to push for earlier in the season because I don't like the idea of playing conference games on a short week. The B10 used the same reasoning - exposure. Most of us felt that we are a big enough program to not need the friday exposure. The problem for our exposure on the Thanksgiving weekend is who we are playing. Iowa and Minnesota does not spark national interest like OSU/Mich, Bama/Aub, and Florida/FSU. I've always thought we should do something different for that weekend like start conference play in week 3 and play our last game rotating against Oklahoma, Colorado, and/or Missouri, Texas, imo that will never happen though.

1 hour ago, MattyIce said:

Because people are forced to watch it. No competition for other games. 

Is this truly how far we've fallen as a program? Worrying about not playing on Black Friday because we need exposure? Call me old fashioned, but we're f#*k!ng Nebraska. We don't need an annual Black Friday game to help the brand. 

We need to win.