'Mansplaining'

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I agree...I think everyone can patronize.

I prophesize that your ability to antagonize Moraine with your insistence that everyone can patronize only amplifies your failure to realize or internalize the true definition of "mansplaining".  This, of course, allows you to dramatize the plight of men.  And in your mind it justifies your effort to vandalize this thread.

I'm going to bed - good day, sir.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

I prophesize that your ability to antagonize Moraine with your insistence that everyone can patronize only amplifies your failure to realize or internalize the true definition of "mansplaining".  This, of course, allows you to dramatize the plight of men.  And in your mind it justifies your effort to vandalize this thread.

I'm going to bed - good day, sir.

Thanks!  Good night!

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Whitewashing is a casting practice in the film industry of the United States in which white actors are cast in historically non-white character roles. The film industry has a history of frequently casting white actors for roles involving people of color, including African Americans, Asians, Hispanics, and any other non-White, non-Hispanic culture, including Native Americans.

This term is totally useless and a waste of time because minority actors have been cast in traditionally white roles too. Like that time Michael B. Jordan was the human torch in Fantastic Four.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Landlord said:

This term is totally useless and a waste of time because minority actors have been cast in traditionally white roles too. Like that time Michael B. Jordan was the human torch in Fantastic Four.

I hear that all the White people involved in casting who don't Whitewash are so offended by the word that they're telling everyone who will listen to call it "inaccurate casting," or at the very least call The Dark Tower an example of "Blackwashing."

11 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I hear that all the White people involved in casting who don't Whitewash are so offended by the word that they're telling everyone who will listen to call it "inaccurate casting," or at the very least call The Dark Tower an example or "Blackwashing."

This 

Is

AWESOME

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I hear that all the White people involved in casting who don't Whitewash are so offended by the word that they're telling everyone who will listen to call it "inaccurate casting," or at the very least call The Dark Tower an example of "Blackwashing."

Nah, we don't have time to be offended, we're to busy being offensive....

Edit: (And to be fair, if "blackwashing" was an actual term liberals would try to set the world on fire)

4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Nah, we don't have time to be offended, we're to busy being offensive....

Edit: (And to be fair, if "blackwashing" was an actual term liberals would try to set the world on fire)

It does exist. Google it. And plenty of people are pissed that Elba is playing the main character in The Dark Tower.

The thing is, "blackwashing" is very rare and doesn't happen to a marginalized group of society.

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It does exist. Google it. And plenty of people are pissed that Elba is playing the main character in The Dark Tower.

Well, the original charcter was white, so if people are allowed to be pissed when roles are reversed then I guess it's fair game.

Elba is a fantastic actor. I was thrilled when I seen he got the part (Love the books).

He's in a Mumford & Son music video. Might be some of his best acting in that 5-6 minutes.

Edit:

Off topic, but those interested.