My complaints so far

ScottyIce

RB

Im concerned we aren't recruiting one with what we have here. Bryant looks good. Wilbon isn't good. We aren't willing to play Ozigbo and we haven't seen the freshman yet. This screams that we should be bringing in another RB.

QB

More or less the same as RB. Lee hasn't been GREAT. He's been nice at times and times downright painful.  O'Brien seems like he might just be an okay player and Gebbia could be special. We should be taking a QB after reviewing that we don't have a for sure stud.

TE-  Ketter literallt f'd us the past two games. You have to wonder, HOW THE f#*k is he on the field?

WR- it's embarrassing. It's either a poor pass that we get intercepted or it's a sh**ty job catching the ball by our WR. I'm sick of it. Catch the f'ing ball!

OL- Gates hasn't been a star. Foster had a huge penalty today. C has sucked. RG has been the worst. Knevel has sucked and Farniok can't PAss block. The biggest problem is we aren't recruiting.

LB- uh, if we have players here they aren't a playing. Gifford looked like a kindergartener today trying to contain on run plays.

CB- uh, we f'ing suck here. Jackson is the biggest recruiting disappointment I have ever f'ing seen. Can't tackle, can't cover.

we play off the ball and look terrible. Figure it out.

PR- DPE looks f'ing awful. Make a change

KR-  why do we give Lindsey return chances at beginning of the game when Spielman has actually been good at that?

f#*k this sh#t. I'm tired of this sh#t. I'm so f'ing tired of it. Riley either gets it figured out or he gets fired this year. I love the guy, but sh#t ain't happening right now.

• Plus1 3

A great break down. I'm so ticked, I can't really add much.  Riley and his boys sucked before they got here, they suck now.  They have their players and still suck.  They all need to go.

No player development at any level.  none, zero, zilch.  Kale moved to safety from CB....Jackson from safety to CB........

This staff needs to take their sub par sh!t show out of here.  And fire SE as well.  

B1G network ripping us a new a$$hole about the rudderless direction and performance...

The biggest problem I see is a huge amount of fans treating a mediocre team like it's a national contender. The team lacks talent in many areas, starting with coaching. Sure, there are a bunch of athletic players but the other teams have those too. Doesn't seem like there's a phase of the program that doesn't need a bunch of work and there's not enough time to do it.

3 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

The biggest problem I see is a huge amount of fans treating a mediocre team like it's a national contender. The team lacks talent in many areas, starting with coaching. Sure, there are a bunch of athletic players but the other teams have those too. Doesn't seem like there's a phase of the program that doesn't need a bunch of work and there's not enough time to do it.

It's called hope for our team.  We really want to believe we are turning a corner and going to be better.  We get so angry because our hope gets drained every year after all the BS coachspeak and failed promises.  I'm mad, yes, but it's literally been a long time since i've taken the team seriously after about the 5th game of the season.  I'm to the point that I literally laugh at the way our team continues to shoot themselves in the foot day in and day out.  We hired a coach that absolutely no one wanted other then Eichorst, and now we're dealing with the mediocre Mike mindset, we're pissed.

This has now become a losing culture.  I coach youth football.  You take care of teams you are supposed to, you win more than your fair share of even matchups, and you get beat (not embarrassed) by better opponents.  Nebraska has none of this.  We lose to inferior opponents, get throuroughly destroyed by high quality opponents, and lose even matchups.  

This is a lost season.  I expect them to improve over the course of the season (don't let that fool you into a 3 year extension) but we don't have the staff or players (yes, both) to do anything but maybe make some loser bowl this year.  Thus, we need to either break the bank and make a significant splash hire or we go entirely young (like Scott Frost, or the next PJ Fleck out there) to bring passion back to the program.  Guess what...none of the recruits today have any rememberance of how great we were in the 90's (they weren't born).  This sellout streak...I could care less.  I care about how we play football on the field...and right now we don't do that.

QB...Tanner Lee...meet the bench.  This guy is a statue, an INT machine, and shows no passion or leadership that I'd want from a QB.  Unfortunately I don't know how mobile POB would be back there so he'd likely meet a similar fate as our OL sucks.  Gebbia is from my high school so I would love for him to get a shot and just develop him because this season is a bust.  I think he is a little more slippery and could escape the pocket.    

OL...awful...can't protect in pass or run...just awful...need some big boy recruits and a new OL coach.  Got demolished by NIU...not Ohio State...NIU!   

RB...Missed Tre Bryant for sure.  Wilbon OK...but clearly not a #1.

WR's...hey K. Williams, your receivers are no gorillas that is for sure...dropped balls, don't fight for balls...you have a lot of work to do.  Catch the damn ball!

TE...no D1 players on the roster that I see...horrible.  Slow, can't catch, can't block.

DL...just sad.  NIU had pressure all over us today and threw Lee around like a rag doll.  We had a couple of plays but nothing else.  Got blown off the ball on runs right at them.  No pressure will kill us and it again did today.  

LB's...get Gifford OFF the filed.  Can't contain the run and takes piss poor angles allowing a slow NIU RB go for big chunk yards.  I don't think I have ever seen him near the QB so why is this guy playing?  If he is the best we got we are in trouble.   

Secondary...obviously miss our best players in Jones and Kalu.  Jackson has been a big disappointment.  Doesn't cover well so thought he'd a least be a big hitter but dude can't tackle either.  Wrap up!  Other players are average or worse...it's bad out there.   

Special teams...a mess again.  DPE was a great returner early in his career but is now awful on punts but we don't block so what is the guy to do.  Look at McKnit on the blocked FG...wtf are you doing?  We have no strategy in the return game and put ourselves in bad position to start drives.

Riley is in trouble.  1-2 and we have not looked good an any of the 3 games.  This is almost unwatchable.   A losing culture with a guy at the head who has never won anything.  This will be a long season.   

• Plus1 1

I thought we might at least see a "coming soon" sign on this construction project this year. I now realize the supplies haven't even been bought yet. I figured we would be a bit of a work in progress to start the season but man, we aren't even in the realm of work in progress when I thought the finished product would be in Indy.

1 minute ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

It's called hope for our team.  We really want to believe we are turning a corner and going to be better.  We get so angry because our hope gets drained every year after all the BS coachspeak and failed promises.  I'm mad, yes, but it's literally been a long time since i've taken the team seriously after about the 5th game of the season.  I'm to the point that I literally laugh at the way our team continues to shoot themselves in the foot day in and day out.  We hired a coach that absolutely no one wanted other then Eichorst, and now we're dealing with the mediocre Mike mindset, we're pissed.

I hear ya, I had a lot of hope for this season from what I was hearing, but at some point you have to accept what it is. The reason things happen the way they do is because it's a poor coaching staff with a weak low percentage strategy and individual players who play great one play and major bust the next without a heck of a lot of consistency. When you step back and ask if what you see are the choices you think a winning team would make.......I'm not seeing anybody saying that around here.
So here we are again.

Not even just losing to the bigger teams. We were PROMISED that with this hire Nebraska would be competing for championships. Not getting blown out in big games was also a sell they sold us from moving on from pelini.

not only are we still getting blown out on national television we are now losing to mid majors. We probably should have lost to Arkansas state. I'm baffled in year 3 this team and program has regressed so much.

this season is going to be a long year. We will be lucky to win 3 B1G games. In year 3 we are heading the complete opposite direction in which we were promised to be going. 

The most angry thing about it is, everyone who is anyone seems to be content with being patient and seeing how this plays out in time, and apparently they don't see the writing on the wall. 

Even callahan avoided the MAC collapse to Ball State. 

But make sure to read the articles this week where everyone tells us things are improving and the team will adjust and get better for next week. In other words, the hype train will continue to roll on.

Lol Matty gonna Matty.

So did the coaches do anything wrong, or is it all the players' fault?

Langs said he would, but still has yet to ever get his QB in a rythme with short easy throws. Do we even know what short pass can do to relive the pass rush? There is no sense of urgency at any point in any game this year when trailing. We continue to run almost exclusively outside against quicker teams, even after having success up the middle more than once.

Defense pressures the QB and gets results, but why would we keep doing that? If we lack DB and LB coverage skills why make them cover entire routes by not sending any pressure? Where are the exotic looks that every 3-4 employs to confuse the O?