What did we learn-Game 3 NIU

JJ Husker

I learned what it must have felt like to my dad during the Callahan years. 

I learned that my 5-7 prediction is probably right on the money. 

I learned that I hate being right. 

I learned that I’m getting pretty close to not caring about Nebraska football anymore. 

To me, the most disturbing part of all of this isn't the interceptions (Lee wouldn't look so bad if there weren't guys constantly tackling him as he throws) or even the final score. It's that no one on the team seemed to care. No sense of urgency whatsoever. Everybody just standing on the sidelines like "Eh, whatever, there's another game next week. Sorry we suck."

Second most disturbing part is that we were being physically pushed around by Northern Illinois...

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, huskered17 said:

I think Lee has been given a fair chance to show what he can do. 

Time to get O'Brian ready. Nothing to lose now.

GBR!!!

I've never been one to call for a back up, but i swear if TL starts the game next week, i may just turn off the game.  (Ok, that wont happen as i will always support the TEAM).  I'm not sure why there is this stubbornness to try something new when the old isnt working.

2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I'd say get O'Brien AND Gebbia ready and see who plays best. No more future-star worship......play the guy who can do the job.

I agree, but they have to get one of them more reps to get ready in a week. Lee can't take reps away from them this next week of practice. Shouldn't be a tough call for the coaches, but it won't surprise me to see  Lee starting next week.

3 minutes ago, Wild Savage Beast said:

Defense looked good (Diaco was a great hire, IMHO).

It was a tough loss, but NIU is no pushover (now 4-1 against Big 10 teams -- all away games).

Riley & Co. need a few more years to really get this Program running like a well-oiled machine.

Put the whacky tobaccy and the pipe down, you've done smoked yourself handicapped.

• Plus1 1