This was Possibly a Great Day for Nebraska Football

We have to really decide if we want to compete or not. If we do, we will spend the money on a real coaching staff and get rid of the worst AD in the country. If not, it remains all smoke and mirrors. 

It's not that complicated where the real problems lie. It all comes from the Top.  Eichorst is a terrible leader and this is the result.

What's your next move, Nebraska?!

• Plus1 2

This was lack of preparation, stupidity, and irrelevance at its best.  Bob Stoops should be asked first about coaching.  If that doesn't fit his interest then ask about AD.

Scott Frost is who I think should be asked to coach.  He knows the program inside and out.  Knows who and how to recruit to this program.  He would have T.O's support and mentorship.  Bring back some former players and coaches if need be to re-establish tradition and identity.

This program is down alot further than anyone wants to admit.  Now is the time stop the free fall.  If this school waits another month or till seasons over,  we won't have anything left.  I do believe we some good pieces, but not near enough to compete against major d-1 schools.

Oregon didn't do this program or staff any favors last week calling off the dogs.  They should have hung 80 on this program and this game wouldn't have been such a surprise.  Hell, NIU, didn't even open the playbook until they trailed briefly!

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

So, let's say we fire Riley right now...................who's the interim coach? Cav? Langsdork? Diaco? None of those sound like good options............

That does not matter to me at this point as there is at least promise for change next year.  Or, we could name a new coach that will be on point for next year so recruits can react and possibly stay.

10 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

This was lack of preparation, stupidity, and irrelevance at its best.  Bob Stoops should be asked first about coaching.  If that doesn't fit his interest then ask about AD.

Scott Frost is who I think should be asked to coach.  He knows the program inside and out.  Knows who and how to recruit to this program.  He would have T.O's support and mentorship.  Bring back some former players and coaches if need be to re-establish tradition and identity.

This program is down alot further than anyone wants to admit.  Now is the time stop the free fall.  If this school waits another month or till seasons over,  we won't have anything left.  I do believe we some good pieces, but not near enough to compete against major d-1 schools.

Oregon didn't do this program or staff any favors last week calling off the dogs.  They should have hung 80 on this program and this game wouldn't have been such a surprise.  Hell, NIU, didn't even open the playbook until they trailed briefly!

What about stealing barry alverez as AD

8 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

So, let's say we fire Riley right now...................who's the interim coach? Cav? Langsdork? Diaco? None of those sound like good options............

The reality is which position group is performing?

OL-Nope

DL-Barely

LB-Please

DB's-Hard to tell our best CB is a hurt safety, highly recruited safety is a crappy CB and our best DB from last year isn't even on the 3 deep...

WR-Nope

RB-Davis?  Hello, Davis?

TE-Nope

ST-worse than last year....

So we fired Reed and Banker, Stewart moved on and ST and D is even worse.....The one common denominator is Mr .500....Riley.

But to the question at hand, who would you hand it over to?  I'd go Parrella, move back to a 4-3 and hope to eek out a 6 win season....

We are simply watching the results of a .500 coach, coupled with QB who is a statue, behind a Maginoit Line (stealing from Knapp) with no TE's, receivers who are 50-50 on catching, a D that is composed of square peg round holes guys etc.......We are just a complete dumpster fire.  Not to mention, perhaps the worst OC in Power 5 conference....

Again, when Bo was fired, my fear was having to google the new coach.  So many great guys available (and those guys are now doing great) and I have to google "riley".  I was so disappointed it took me a week of bagging on the hire the realize it was "Riley" and not "Reilly".  Fears confirmed the day of the hire and proven with each passing game. 

Unsure who is the definitive answer, but I am sure it is not Riley...

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

No question about that.  Oregon played "prevent offense" last week and it almost cost them the game.  This program is in such shambles, it's not even close to what the press will say this week coming up.  ADSE is the worst thing to come around since Pederson.  they are almost twins in how they handle staff and coaches.  They are complete frauds.  It trickles down and this is what we are left with.

It's beyond brutal what is going on in Lincoln.  Didn't think they would ever hire another Pederson.  It's a sad day to be a Husker....but maybe the bottom is finally here.

Thank you Hank Bounds and Chancellor Green for doing what had to be done.  Let the Dominos fall where they may now.  Number one had to be the firing of Eichorst.  The guy has dug his own grave for a few years now.  Maybe the final nail was the Black Friday fiasco and then his impromptu press conference on Saturday after the NIU debacle.  But this was always gonna happen.  Tim Miles needs to be thankful that Eichort's head was tied directly to the 2017 Football season or he would have been fired too.  Eichorst was never gonna make it through this year unless Riley & Co figured out how to win and win big.  And there was a fat chance of that considering how bad the culture is within a Program with ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY!!  Now maybe we can get the respect back that we badly need.  And build a team with heart and and character.  It all starts at the top.

Next up is Riley and his staff.  There is almost no hope of retaining them.  Nothing outside of running the Big Ten table will keep them. And there is zero chance of that.  A .career .500 coach is a career .500 coach for a reason. There is no more room for nice .500 coaches at Nebraska!  

RNUTG!!  (ReturnNUtoGlory!!)

• Plus1 1