What does MR need to do to earn back your TRUST?

SECHusker

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm not even mad. I don't think we will do well the rest of the year and I think Rileys days here are now numbered. That being said the people here saying nothing he can do short of resigning are being hyperbolic. We win the west and none of this is that big of a deal anymore. 

Sure and if he cures cancer he will be my favorite person on the planet...but when I wake up from deep dream sleep my eyes are itching and I am sometimes cranky too.  

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm not even mad. I don't think we will do well the rest of the year and I think Rileys days here are now numbered. That being said the people here saying nothing he can do short of resigning are being hyperbolic. We win the west and none of this is that big of a deal anymore. 

Fair enough.

• Plus1 1

Just now, southernoregonhusker said:

It's gone.  Today I saw what I saw too many times at Oregon State.  A coach who was just happy to be on the field and around the kids.  No fire, just a howdy doody look and attitude.  Time to part ways and find somebody who wants to win first.  

I said that Riley had an aloof look on the sidelines after the Arkansas State game, and was blasted for it.  You have seen many more Riley-coached games that I have, so I will take your word for it.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

As many have stated, the answer is :ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I do not trust him and will not ever trust him as a coach. If he really cares about this program, he should simply admit that he is waaaaaaaay over his head and just go silently into the night.

Wouldn't that be refreshing!  My respect for him would go through the roof!

Cav needs to be fired immediately and replaced.

Langsdorf needs to be fired immediately and replaced.

O'Brian needs his fair chance next week and if he sh#ts the bed we are burning Gebbia's redshirt.

Get Conrad off the god damn field.

Put kieron williams in see how he does.

Somehow keep our current recruits mainly Bookie and Joshua Moore.

If none of this happens then Nebraska needs to fire the AD and HC. Sign a big name guy at AD like Bob Stoops and signing a huge name at head coach or else I'm done watching nebraska football

Riley has no shot to be successful.  None.

Here is a fair narrative from my vantage point. If a culture is great and staff is competent you may expect to hit a ceiling at a place like Oregon St given location, facility and recruiting disadvantages. BUT a stable staff, head coach longevity, and and if there was a great culture--it should be a hidden advantage and the record should improve and may max out as noted but it should not go backwards. In years 3-7(2005-09)for Mike Riley his teams went 41-23 BUT in years 8-12(2010-2014) his teams went 29-33. The record should not go terribly backwards if the culture is great and the staff competent yet they regressed to 29-33 and should do the opposite as staff stability and culture take hold. If the records were reversed with years 3-7 being 29-33 and years 8-12 going 41-23 one could argue his teams hit a ceiling due to the disadvantages noted--and then potentially he would have been a great hire at Nebraska. 

While all the other teams were having coaching turnover in the PAC 12 his teams should have improved with coaching stability and fixed culture but the opposite occurred and those are the key statistics that were missed with this hire. No way should years 8-12 have fallen off that greatly with the staff stability while other teams in conference had massive turnover. It speaks to the level of competence relative to other DI coaches and speaks to the dysfunctional culture of lack of accountability  that has been a hallmark of Mike Riley coached teams--highly penalized, slow starts, upsets by much weaker teams, few consequences for severe errors of judgment and rules violations. Look no further than the handling of Nate Gerry and Stanley Morgan and you know what I mean by the lack of accountability.

But it all still starts at the top with Eichorst & Co.  He's a complete mess himself, as you know.