What does MR need to do to earn back your TRUST?

SECHusker

I wasn't on board with MR's hire, and I'm still not confident he can get it done.  But for the foreseeable future he is our coach, and I'll support him to the best of my abilities.  I get a feeling we are going to hear some news tomorrow about folks getting let go, and some jobs up for grabs.  I feel if something happens tomorrow, along those lines, I'm willing to give him some more time.

5 hours ago, SECHusker said:

MR isn't likely going anywhere soon, so honest question. Win out? Top 5 recruiting class? Fire a coordinator? Fire a coach? Bench a player?

-For me, I'm benching a certain guard who's feet are stuck in the mud.  

-Benching an outside LB who is consistently late to plays and misses tackles.  

-Letting the offense know that no one's job is safe and that you will earn your job each and every practice.

-Parting ways with CAV THIS WEEK.

-Parting ways with DAVIS AFTER THE SEASON.

-Parting ways with the TE Coach AFTER THE SEASON, no excuse that scholarship TEs can beat out two walkons.

-Parting ways with the S&C Coach THIS WEEK because he spends more time than anyone with the players and his job is far greater than getting the players stronger (i.e. make sure they are accountable in the weight room, and if someone is late or misses a workout punishing the whole group not just that individual).

-Yelling at Langs that he needs to be consistent with the running game, and telling him inside your own five for the first two downs you are run the ball.

What is your definition of soon? Five weeks into this season? Perhaps six?

40 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

I wasn't on board with MR's hire, and I'm still not confident he can get it done.  But for the foreseeable future he is our coach, and I'll support him to the best of my abilities.  I get a feeling we are going to hear some news tomorrow about folks getting let go, and some jobs up for grabs.  I feel if something happens tomorrow, along those lines, I'm willing to give him some more time.

I just don't see anyone being let go that soon.  Hope I'm wrong.  I do believe that if Riley makes multiple changes on the offensive side of the ball it is going to gain him another year.

Just retire already Mike.  You bit off waaaay more than you could chew and at this stage in your career also.  Just bow out gracefully and you will have my trust and respect more than ever.  

Ride off into the sunset Mike.  Come now.  Easy does it.  There you go.  Get on up.  Yep.  That saddle fits good.  

HEE YA.

xX8eY4r.gif

I think if Riley won the lottery for about 100 million and then donated it to the football program, and then retired, gracefully, he would long be remembered by most fans as a positive part of Husker history.  Short of that, it will be hard for Riley to redeem himself.  This team has virtually zero chance of having a winning season and may not win another game after the way they have played thus far.  Yesterday's loss will be a real downer on the entire mindset of the team.  Hard to recover from it at this point.

10 hours ago, SECHusker said:

How can you coach football for 83 years and not be able to put a staff together?

Earn my trust back....Stop embarrassing Husker Nation.  Our team looks soft, mistake prone and undisciplined.  That all on the coaches.  I want to see a hungry team on the field that doesn't consistently shoot themselves in the foot.  To do that he needs to clean house and get a few new assistant coaches. 

Cav -gone

DL-gone

Diaco get more time but I am not impressed with his soft style of play so far.

Riley needs also needs to pull his head out of his ### and figure out special teams. 

Last, its obvious to me that other coaches have done their homework on us and find our week spots each week.  I never get the feeling Riley does that.  It always looks to me like the same predictable, boring, mistake prone play each week.  Fix that also and he may earn my trust back.