Simple: Will Riley be back for a 4th year?

teachercd

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I feel sad for the Riley lovers...This must hurt even more.  You invested a lot and tricked your heart...just like Beaver fans did for years.  How lame is it that Riley might actually "retire" with a better winning % at OSU than NU.

Don't feel too bad. They were the first to say the "whiners" weren't true fans and we should all fall in line. Opposing opinions aren't welcomed. You know the whole saying about "those that cast the first stone..."

I hated the hire but I wanted to believe it would work.  I love it when the huskers great awesome.  Also, when I say "hurt" that is relative.  Like...if you are posting on a message board you clearly "care" about the team and even though you are "hurt" about the loss and or coach it clearly not some great hole in your life.  

Who are the Riley lovers?  Like, by name?  I guess I don't know for sure but there are a lot.  Most of them are probably Bo-haters.

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Who are the Riley lovers?  Like, by name?  I guess I don't know for sure but there are a lot.  Most of them are probably Bo-haters.

Idk I guess I don't personally know a single person that loved the Riley hire.  I'm sure they are out there though.

On the otherside though I personally know a ton of folks that disliked Bo.

9 hours ago, REDFANATIC said:

4 full years... Just released this past week that he received a 1 year extension Aug 1st... Gotta love the media and their timing of announcement.

It's not the media's fault. Riley's contract was extended in January. Shawn Eichorst just didn't release that information to the public until recently. The guy is a recluse and flip flopper.

13 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Do you really think that after nearly 15 years of knee jerk reactions by the athletic department AND the BOR's, that fans are going to continue to donate and spend $?  There is an end to the gravy train.  

You keep saying we have a history of knee jerk reactions but if you look at the top 25 programs they average about 2.5 coaches in the last 7 years.  Most programs don't have the same coach for 20 years like Nebraska pre - 1997.  This is the new college football landscape.  Need to be quick to adapt and prove results if you want to survive.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, epocSoN said:

You keep saying we have a history of knee jerk reactions but if you look at the top 25 programs they average about 2.5 coaches in the last 7 years.  Most programs don't have the same coach for 20 years like Nebraska pre - 1997.  This is the new college football landscape.  Need to be quick to adapt and prove results if you want to survive.

Is 5 good, stable years reasonable enough?  

15 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Sending SE to Wisconsin maybe our best Offensive play call in like years.  

The only issue we all have to remember about Eichorst going to Wisconsin is the fact it looks like they already have their successor in ex-Badger great Chris McIntosh who is the Deputy Athletic Director and Barry Alvarez's right hand man. 

If Eichorst is no more, it won't be because he is leaving as Wisconsin's new AD. 

Personally I think Riley "retires" after this year or next. 7-5 or worst and he is gone.