how many total wins this regular season

Whistlepig

2 hours ago, Whistlepig said:

I admit that in the beginning I had 6

last week I revised it to 5

this week? well at some point this will get easy, but since my game to game predictions are already posted and this game was a "win" in my 5-7 prediction, well I'm now going with a 4-8 season.

BTW the odds are in my favor-

Well, I started a thread asking for opinions about a path to 5 wins...at this point, 5 wins seems like a best case scenario 

After last week I was still calling on 10-2 because I figured the defense will come together. They played well today. 

After today, I can't say 10-2 anymore. I'm gunna change it to 7-5. 

I still think the overall problem is trying to recruit to a system that doesn't fit Nebraska. West Coast does not fit the hard working mindset of Nebraskans.

90's football teams had the mentality of outstate rural Neb.

From 2004 to now it feels more like a mentality that you see inside of "jake's" bar in downtown lincoln. 

• Plus1 1

We're going to have to beat somebody we shouldn't just to get to 4 wins.

I'd revise my prediction to 4-8 with 2-10 not totally out of the realm of possibility. I mean really, who is left that we can beat if we play anything at all like the first 3 weeks? Rutgers and maybe Northwestern and those aren't gimmes any more. Purdue is going to kick in our sh!t along with Wiscy, tOSU, PSU and Iowa. Good chance we lose to Illinois and Minnesota. At least this deal won't drag on for another year or two. This is definitely Riley's last season...if he makes that long.

• Plus1 1

Best case scenario 4-8 and probably 3-9. Seriously, who do you think we can beat? Purdue is legit this year. I say we may beat Illinois and may be a Northwestern or Rutgers or both if we are lucky. Our coach does not have it in him to turn this around. He is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of his league. We will also have some very ugly losses this year.

sure. if our starting running back plays today, maybe we win because we somehow don't throw a pick 6 where our #1 WR whiffs completely on a block on a WR bubble screen. Or we win because the left side of our OL doesn't get abused by guys who had more offers from FCS programs than FBS teams, which leads to another pick 6. And the same side of the line loses worse than Antonio Cromartie in a child custody battle on 4th and 14 with the game on the line. 

Oh wait. That has nothing to do with it. And NIU had their backup QB playing. Glad we figured that out. 

• Plus1 1

Based on the first three games, I think we win a total of 2.   This is hard for me because I was very optimistic for this fall and thought 10 wins was quite possible.  I am concerned about Saturday vs Rutgers and if we lose that one, we won't win another all season.  The program will completely collapse.  That is how tentative and tenuous the program is after this disasterous start.   Yesterday's loss combined with the shaky play in games one and two clearly show this team is NOT very good at all.  It is shockingly poor frankly.  The hardest part of it all is that I don't see a great deal of hope that there are any easy fixes.