If your're gonna fire Riley.....

40 minutes ago, Toe said:

As low as his recruiting classes are rated at a school in Georgia, uh, I don't think you'd want to see what they'd be like at Nebraska...

I get tired of watching 3hr of Ga Tech grinding it out only to lose in the end due to a mistake.  I dont know how they can piss away such a huge TOP advantage so consistently, so no not a Paul Johnson fan.  That offense is nowhere near Osbornes offenses.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yep...you stick it out with Riley, or you hire a proven winner (that list is small). It's as simple as that. I love Scott Frost, but he hasn't proven jack sh#t. You hire a winner, or see Riley through. 

Rather go down swinging with frost than get this bullsh#t from Riley. Riley has proven to be an exact opposite of "proven winner" and yet, he's still our coach. 

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

I get tired of watching 3hr of Ga Tech grinding it out only to lose in the end due to a mistake.  I dont know how they can piss away such a huge TOP advantage so consistently, so no not a Paul Johnson fan.  That offense is nowhere near Osbornes offenses.

You know what TOP really is? How many minutes you had the ball without scoring. 

Chip Kelly is a fluke.  He had Nike money.  Nike money can recruit some of the best, just ask Altman!

Bieliema can win in the Big 10.  He has a proven track record in the Big 10

Venables is a great name, but he hasn't proven really anything other than coaching defenses at schools with a great recruiting Head coaches.

You can pick apart any name that gets thrown out.  Really, unless your Urban Meyer, Nick Saban or Dabo Swinney you have some flaws right now.

Its funny that almost every name that gets mentioned is not either good enough, right fit, experienced enough, or just plain silly.

In my opinion, the only name that will actually be worth giving time and the checkbook to is Scott Frost.  He is the combo of what worked here in the past and has some tools that could lead us into the future.  His name getting around in the FLorida HS ranks is a plus for recruiting.  His pro days are a plus for recruiting.  His NC ring while being a player here, is a huge plus that few could ever offer up in recruiting to here.

lmfao yeah sure. Chip Kelly caught lightning in a bottle and is a fluke. Do people on this board even care to deal with facts? Im talking specifically to you @Nebhawk

Guy comes in his first year as Oregon OC and leads the PAC10 in scoring and total offense. He also assembled a team that created the MOST YARDS IN A SEASON IN THE HISTORY OF OREGON FOOTBALL. 

And guess what? He did the same the following year too!

Some of you idiots wouldn't know success if it hit you in the face. If this team somehow lured a proven winner like Chip Kelly to coach us, it would be an absolute home run. It would take at least $10m+ to get him in Lincoln. Are people not aware of how ridiculous the Nebraska job is now? The good news is with a perennial loser like Eichorst at the helm we never have to worry about being competitive. 

The fact of the matter is this AD has turned us into a complete and total joke. Its led by a complete and total bozo who outsmarted himself with FHC Bo Pelini and put himself in a bind. Nobody in his administration can possibly believe he is the right man to lead this AD moving forward based off of the results of the AD since he's been here. The guy is a JV AD who hired a JV football coach that has provided us with JV results. 

Bottom line: it doesn't matter what Chip Kelly asks for. You pay it. Nebraska can afford it. If Nebraska doesn't want to pay it, then we will sit here and watch a team like NIU come into our home stadium and kick the piss out of us for four quarters on a regular basis. This team not only lost today but it didn't even show fight. That isn't on anyone but HCMR and ADSE. These two morons better figure it out or else they can enjoy their unemployment together on Lake McConaughy at the end of the year.

16 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I get the feeling many calling for Les Miles to be our coach would not end up being happy with that scenario.

He was fired from LSU, the premiere school in an insanely talent rich state and region, for a reason. 

He was fired because he couldn't consistently beat Alabama, who are without doubt the best team in the nation and have been for a decade.  He still went 3-7 versus Saban.  Riley would be 0-10 for sure.  If Saban is an A+, Miles is an A- or a B+ at minimum.  Riley is a C+ at BEST.. as we are seeing.  Anyone who wouldn't take Les Miles over Riley needs serious help.  Granted, Miles is not a 'nice guy' like Riley... in that he is more like Bo... but he WINS, which is something Riley certainly can't say.