If your're gonna fire Riley.....

29 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I am done with taking anyone with an association to Oregon State. I don't care who it is, if they have Oregon State anywhere on their resume you don't even consider the idea.

I understand the reluctance, but realize Dennis Erickson is the best coach OSU ever had (way better than Mike Riley). And Smith is from the Erickson + Petersen branch of coaching, not the Riley branch.  That pedigree can't really go wrong. 

14 minutes ago, uzi said:

I understand the reluctance, but realize Dennis Erickson is the best coach OSU ever had (way better than Mike Riley). And Smith is from the Erickson + Petersen branch of coaching, not the Riley branch.  That pedigree can't really go wrong. 

Believe me when i say, Anything can go wrong!! There are no sure bets unless you are hiring Saban imo.

36 minutes ago, uzi said:

Even Saban isn't perfect. Back when he was HC at Michigan State, one of Washington's more mediocre coaches beat him twice.

You're the one who said with Smiths pedigree you really cant go wrong. Believe me, as i said anything can go wrong including possibly with Saban. Im just saying at this time and point in CFB Saban is the safest bet, and even he could not work out for whatever reasons.

2 hours ago, uzi said:

Who's to say those weren't Riley's recruits Erickson took to the Fiesta Bowl? He got there in his second year there.

On 9/17/2017 at 4:41 AM, BaytownHusker said:

Bob stoops didn't leave a power program to come to Nebraska.  It ain't happening. 

too bad, B Stoops is 9-2 against Nebraska and the B10 in the last 18 years....better than any coach we have had since TO...I would go for Frost/Venables, or both...preferrably both, that would be a formidable core to our coaching staff

On September 16, 2017 at 11:59 PM, seaofred92 said:

I'm not exaggerating, I'd offer Chip Kelly $15m a year. What do we have to lose at this point? We have the money, might as well use it.

If you offer to one your going to have to bring up your female coaches salaries also. Thank You Title IX.

i went back and looked at Lovie Smiths biography and was surprised to see he only got paid 1.35 million to coach the Bears before he demanded a new salary but in doing so lost some key coaches. Despite taking two NFL teams in some variation to the Super Bowl do you think his success at the College Level is that noteworthy?

I really hate hate teams that pilfer other teams coaches and coordinators.