Chip Kelly

Beez

1 hour ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

I would love for Chip Kelly to bring his gimmicky offensive style to Lincoln.  The amount of pissing and moaning that the Husker purist would do would be worth it.  

We would be moaning the losses just like Mich. fans did when Rich Rodriguez brought his quirky offense to Ann Arbor.  There IS such a thing as the wrong guy for a school. 

• Plus1 1

I don't give a rats ass what it would take to get a guy like Chip Kelly at NU, you pay it. If he asks for $15m you give it to him and don't even think twice. 

And yes I'm serious. What is the alternative? Pay market price for an average coach? I'd rather overpay for Chip Kelly than be over/right at the pay for Mike Riley...

• Plus1 2
52 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

We would be moaning the losses just like Mich. fans did when Rich Rodriguez brought his quirky offense to Ann Arbor.  There IS such a thing as the wrong guy for a school. 

maybe kelly wouldn't fit here, but at least we'd be bringing in a coach who has proven he can build a program and take them to a championship.

1 minute ago, Hans Gruber said:

I would love for Nebraska to hire Chip Kelly, but I doubt he has much interest in going to Nebraska. He supposedly hates recruiting and I think he'd hate the Nebraska football media/industrial complex. 

for 5 mil a year i think he would be okay with answering reporter questions after practice and doing a few speeches at booster dinners. he can hire assistants to recruit. 

lmfao at you people that don't want Chip Kelly at Nebraska. Newsflash- this program has become a LAUGHINGSTOCK of media and fanbases nationwide. There were multiple highly regarded CFB analysts tweeting feeling sorry for us during the game today.

If a guy can win, you pay him and get him to Nebraska. Chip Kelly has proven he can win. If he wants to be here- get him here. And if he doesn't, offer him more money until he says yes. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, huskerfan69 said:

for 5 mil a year i think he would be okay with answering reporter questions after practice and doing a few speeches at booster dinners. he can hire assistants to recruit. 

Valid point, but he could do that at a school in a better recruiting footprint than Nebraska.

I think Kelly will eventually return to college football, but I think he will purposely wait to take the right job for him. I mean a job like USC, Texas, Florida State or someplace like that. A school that has all the positives Nebraska has along with the things Nebraska doesn't have either. 

9 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

lmfao at you people that don't want Chip Kelly at Nebraska. Newsflash- this program has become a LAUGHINGSTOCK of media and fanbases nationwide. There were multiple highly regarded CFB analysts tweeting feeling sorry for us during the game today.

If a guy can win, you pay him and get him to Nebraska. Chip Kelly has proven he can win. If he wants to be here- get him here. And if he doesn't, offer him more money until he says yes. 

Ask the 49er and Eagles if he can win. Or does recently not count

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, admo said:

Ask the 49er and Eagles if he can win. Or does recently not count

oh so were gonna count only NFL which is a completely different sport? Or are we going to ignore where he set up a national title caliber program at OREGON out of thin air? 

And by the way, he's the second coach in NFL history to win a division title in his first ever season as a NFL head coach. He also took over a team that went 4-12 the year before and turned them into a 10-6 team. He also went 10-6 in year 2 despite losing his starting QB. 

The Niners gig was a joke from the beginning. 

The guy is a proven winner. But lets stick with the ridiculous group we have now. Any program in America would hire Chip Kelly sans Alabama, Ohio State, and Michigan. If you want to be the martyr on HuskerBoard that claims were somehow above hiring him than go for it. I'll choose to live in reality. 

• Plus1 2