Chip Kelly

Beez

Just now, admo said:

Mmmkay. Who does he work for today? What has he done lately?

I know you want success. So do I. 

Lol sure man. You are going to seriously try to argue whether or not Chip Kelly has been a successful coach in his entire career without using any facts by saying he isn't currently in the coaching industry?

The guy has been jobless for less than a year after being fired by the Niners in ridiculous fashion. "What has he done lately?" I laid it out for you. Not to mention he laid the ground for a team that was coached by MARK HELFRICH to make it to the national title game. 

You have yet to provide 1 fact to back up why Chip at NU would be a bad thing. I've provided multiple examples of him coming into an organization and changing the results in a positive manner. Who do you think has a more credible argument here?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, dvdcrr said:

We would be moaning the losses just like Mich. fans did when Rich Rodriguez brought his quirky offense to Ann Arbor.  There IS such a thing as the wrong guy for a school. 

There is such a thing, but that doesn't really apply to Chip Kelly at Nebraska (even though he'd never come here). At least not as far as X's and O's. Kelly's Oregon offense is very, very similar to a modern reworking of the 90's Nebraska offense. 

36 minutes ago, Hans Gruber said:

I would love for Nebraska to hire Chip Kelly, but I doubt he has much interest in going to Nebraska. He supposedly hates recruiting and I think he'd hate the Nebraska football media/industrial complex. 

Reminds me of another promising head coach we hired. No coach who has an opinion towards recruiting anything less than incredibly enthusiastic and embracing will ever have elite success at Nebraska.

4 hours ago, huskerfan69 said:

for 5 mil a year i think he would be okay with answering reporter questions after practice and doing a few speeches at booster dinners. he can hire assistants to recruit. 

If you were worth $900,000 and got paid $80k per year, would you leave for $90k per year to go to some place you've never lived and doesn't sound like a great destination, was high pressure, and where it was more difficult than ever to do your least favorite part of the job?

Kelly is worth millions. $5 million isn't that much to him. He made more with the Eagles.

9 hours ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Kelly would absolutely hate Nebraska because of the interest of the fans, boosters, local media, etc. The guy is a recluse and I could see him going to a place like UMASS, one of the service academies, or small program where he could do what he wanted without the big boosters involvement. It is why out of the big schools I could see him working well at UCLA, or Arizona State, where he has a big time program to work with, but not such an engaged fan base.

I'd love to see Kelly here too.  That being said, I agree with you.  Dude has always marched to the beat of his own drum.  Kelly would be more likely to be the coach at UNK before UNL.