Hi, I'm Walksalone, and I'm a recovering Husker fan

walksalone

I was hoping the asshattery I had to endure during the "Human Amoeba's" regime would be a one time deal, boy was I wrong. 

What I saw today was a confused, unprepared team that was totally outmatched by a team from a seemingly inferior conference.  When I saw the replay of the confusion of what personal was supposed to be on the field, was a microcosm of Mike Riley's regime.  This team is a ship without a rudder, and when Holly brought up the lack of urgency on the sidelines, it just reaffirmed that I think for how this douchenozzle is, he simply is not a good coach.

Too many people on this board, were saying how things were going to get better once Bonito Mussolini was eradicated from the Husker landscape, didn't realize, that all we did, as i once stated,  was hire less douchey Clownahan.

So, where does that leave us?  Honestly, I wish I knew.  But if today's loss is indicative of the rest of the season, then we're looking at 3 wins, maybe 4 or 5 if we're lucky, meaning this season has officially s#!t the bed.  

I think the coaching search needs to begin now.  I don't think we need this year, and the next to figure out that Mike Riley knows two things about coaching, Jack and s#!t, and jack left town...

And with any luck, Jack will take Mike Riley with him..

• Plus1 8

I watched the ASU game which made me suspect that we have serious problems.  I was too busy to watch the last two games but the results confirmed that we aren't going to have a good season.  Nothing in the past 15 years leads me to think we are capable of improving over the season (as other teams do).  We've been skating the irrelevancy line for too many years.  Under Bo it looked like we might get over the hump until the program settled into 9 wins and it became the expectation.  An attitude of mediocrity took root in the locker room and combined with bad coaching has brought us to this point.  Fans booing and leaving at halftime sends a clear message that given the program's history, facilities, inherent recruiting ability and fan support, the current product is not meeting the minimum of reasonable standards.  Changes will be made after this season providing new hope and you'll fall off the wagon once again.

The only word to describe our team is "unprepared".  In all phases of the game.  Riley was a mistake then and even worse now.  His Mr. Rogers schtick was played out in Corvallis as it is here.  In 2015, when the guy can't even manage the clock, after like 400 years of coaching, should have led everyone to shake their heads and realize we were screwed.....

This experiment cannot end soon enough for me.

• Plus1 3

Don't know if you guys know this, but typically Mike Riley teams improve as the season goes on. Now last year that certainly didn't happen as we regressed and collapsed at the end of the year, but I could see this guy losing to Wisconsin and Ohio State, then going on a win streak and yes beating Penn State, and end the year on a hot note, leaving everyone thinking maybe next year will be better.

Seriously, I could see 7 wins coming this year, but coming in a way where he have a lot of momentum at the end of the season and it's enough to get one more year from him.

28 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Don't know if you guys know this, but typically Mike Riley teams improve as the season goes on. Now last year that certainly didn't happen as we regressed and collapsed at the end of the year, but I could see this guy losing to Wisconsin and Ohio State, then going on a win streak and yes beating Penn State, and end the year on a hot note, leaving everyone thinking maybe next year will be better.

Seriously, I could see 7 wins coming this year, but coming in a way where he have a lot of momentum at the end of the season and it's enough to get one more year from him.

But the thing is, this guy isn't the dude that is going to return us to prominence.

He's been mediocre at best, for the majority of his career, and there's no evidence that this team is going to better than a perennial 9 win team that might make the conference championship.  

And to have this guy coach this team another year is only going to hurt this program going forward.

Just now, walksalone said:

But the thing is, this guy isn't the dude that is going to return us to prominence.

He's been mediocre at best, for the majority of his career, and there's no evidence that this team is going to better than a perennial 9 win team that might make the conference championship.  

And to have this guy coach this team another year is only going to hurt this program going forward.

Oh I agree with you 1000000%. I am just saying, he could do what he has done in the past which is get his team better by seasons end and it will give him enough momentum to stay around 1 more year because it will make the higher ups more hesitant to cut ties with him given it would only be 3 years, he's a nice guy, well respected, etc.

Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

Oh I agree with you 1000000%. I am just saying, he could do what he has done in the past which is get his team better by seasons end and it will give him enough momentum to stay around 1 more year because it will make the higher ups more hesitant to cut ties with him given it would only be 3 years, he's a nice guy, well respected, etc.

One more year is going to make the job for the guy coming in that much harder.  

and in the words of Alec Baldwin, in Glen Gary, "nice guy, I don't give a sh*t", with each game he coaches, he brings us farther away from where all husker fans want to be.   

Frankly, I'm tired of the gutless, clueless, sonofabitch driving my team into the ground like a f'ing' meteor, and I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, walksalone said:

One more year is going to make the job for the guy coming in that much harder.  

and in the words of Alec Baldwin, in Glen Gary, "nice guy, I don't give a sh*t", with each game he coaches, he brings us farther away from where all husker fans want to be.   

Frankly, I'm tired of the gutless, clueless, sonofabitch driving my team into the ground like a f'ing' meteor, and I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Again, I agree with you 100000% I am just saying, I could see a way where administration is hesitant to moving on and thinking one more year will be the right answer.

I too think Riley should be gone, as this isn't working out and it wont ever work out.

Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

Again, I agree with you 100000% I am just saying, I could see a way where administration is hesitant to moving on and thinking one more year will be the right answer.

I too think Riley should be gone, as this isn't working out and it wont ever work out.

When they hired him, they knew he'd be a safe hire, that would toe the company line, and be a good boy and do as he's told.

I remember when he was hired, having to look up who he was, looking at his record, and immediately thinking, we are doomed.  

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BoneyardHusker said:

But does end of the season "improvement" to get his teams to 7-5 or 6-6, as history has proven recordwise, really offset the bed crapping that occurs the prior to???  The answer is and should be HELL NO.

i get what your saying, but that is a useless argument.