Scott Frost

Whistlepig

Frost needs bit more polishing in my opinion. He has proven a lot in a short amount of time, but he needs to prove he can win rather than just go 6-6. I like Scott but if we were to fire Riley for a potential newby, that is just not what we need right now. Les Miles would be a better hire- hes got a son on the team and has proven he can win. It was just hard for him to win when he had to play Alabama every single year. 

• Plus1 1

I like the idea of frost. He's coached with and played for some legendary coaches.  Was a defensive and offensive coordinator. Turned a 0-12 team to 6-7 in year 1. And Ucf fans love love him down there which is usually a good indicator

Ive been on board with riley but we're trajecting down, we need to change. Eichorst needs to go too. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Frost needs bit more polishing in my opinion. He has proven a lot in a short amount of time, but he needs to prove he can win rather than just go 6-6. I like Scott but if we were to fire Riley for a potential newby, that is just not what we need right now. Les Miles would be a better hire- hes got a son on the team and has proven he can win. It was just hard for him to win when he had to play Alabama every single year. 

Hearing Les Miles on the broadcast team yesterday during the game, I felt like he was more upset about how the game was going then Mike Riley himself.

I'd like Les, but given the timing of this, if we don't get Frost this time around he probably never get him, or at least it will be decade or so before we do and then it really will be a question of if he would want to leave the major program he was at to come to Nebraska. Les is a great coach but he too is getting older.

2 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

I don't like the idea of les, always thought he did less with more. Lsu was always towards the top with talent and les is around the same age as riley. Though I won't argue he'd be a large stepup to what we have

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Hearing Les Miles on the broadcast team yesterday during the game, I felt like he was more upset about how the game was going then Mike Riley himself.

I'd like Les, but givin the timing of this, if we don't get Frost this time around he probably never get him, or at least it will be decade or so before we do and then it really will be a question of if he would want to leave the major program he was at to come to Nebraska. Les is a great coach but he too is getting older.

We can get Scott whenever we want to. Mich, OSU, PSU, MSU, LSU's etc aren't going to want him. Maryland esque schools are his next job.

Just now, HuskermanMike said:

We can get Scott whenever we want to. Mich, OSU, PSU, MSU, LSU's etc aren't going to want him. Maryland esque schools are his next job.

Yes, and if he works out and succeeds at a Maryland type school, we will all be hitting ourselves asking why we didn't get him first, because once you succeed at a P5 school and build it into a winner, what is the reasoning to leave to go build up another P5 school? If he is successful at his P5 school he will have it made and I would see no reason to leave it to try and build at a new place where the expectations will be ridiculously high.

1 minute ago, famoustitles said:

I don't like the idea of les, always thought he did less with more. Lsu was always towards the top with talent and les is around the same age as riley. Though I won't argue he'd be a large stepup to what we have

As someone alluded to earlier about passion in the program. I think Les brings that passion and fire with him- he sees it in his sons passion for the Big Red. I think if Les was coaching the team and brought in the right assistants he could win. The Big Ten West is not the SEC West, his LSU teams would beat everyone in the west and arguably compete in the east. He is a proven winner and LSU fired him thinking they could get Tom Herman- that is why they did it. 

2 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Yes, and if he works out and succeeds at a Maryland type school, we will all be hitting ourselves asking why we didn't get him first, because once you succeed at a P5 school and build it into a winner, what is the reasoning to leave to go build up another P5 school? If he is successful at his P5 school he will have it made and I would see no reason to leave it to try and build at a new place where the expectations will be ridiculously high.

In case you weren't aware, we are Maryland type school.

• Plus1 3
21 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

And this entire thing about Nebraska being a bad location for recruiting is such bogus rhetoric. First Lincoln is a pretty dang good college college town/city, it has everything other big cities have for college kids. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State get recruits to come to them and they are practically as "remote" as Nebraska. Are they closer to Texas? yes, but taking a flight from Texas to Oklahoma or Texas to Nebraska is maybe a difference of an hour, so you're not that far away in travels.

Pac-12 schools recruit players from Florida all the time, That is separated by the entire country. With Nebraska's facilities, their fans diehard fandom, Lincoln should be an easy sell to football recruits. I mean hearing some people drop the "location" as a negative for Nebraska is just ridiculous because it isn't like Lincoln is some 30,000 population Podunk town. There are much smaller places out there that are having better success then Nebraska.

It's why Frost may just work. He knows Nebraska, would have passion to succeed greatly at Nebraska and could sell his point of view from personal experience to recruits on Nebraska. He will also have some Florida pipeline (maybe?) coming into Nebraska.

I think the problem is Nebraska isn't a talent rich state nor are it's borders states.  It's tough when you have schools like Michigan, Ohio st, and penn st that have 5* talent every year right in their back yard 

3 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I think the problem is Nebraska isn't a talent rich state nor are it's borders states.  It's tough when you have schools like Michigan, Ohio st, and penn st that have 5* talent every year right in their back yard 

Yeah I get that, but you might be just one more state away from where the talent is. Schools on the West coast poach Southern Cal talent and the distance could be as far away as Nebraska to some of these talent rich states.

2 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I don't doubt you on him winning elsewhere. Its just if he wins at lets say texas tech as an example, he probably won't get them to another level. By that time, we can come in and steal him. 

Lets say he does well at UCF and TTU(just as an example) gets him.

He wins 7,8,9 games then we come calling. I bet he sees OU staying atop for a while and comes to Nebraska. Also Texas will be improving. So while you may be right, I doubt he gets a lower P5 school and turns it into a 10+ win team. Unless of course he comes to Nebraska and turns it into a winner.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Until we actually hear him say he wouldn't want the nebraska job for this and this reason then this is just your opinion. While I respect what you have to say on the matter, I take it as just your opinion until I hear it from Frost himself. Thats if we even get to that point where people higher up in this process want him. 

sure its an opinion based on the "fact" that someone said they actually heard him say he wouldn't be interested, in a way that indicated a lot would have to change before he would consider coming here- I happen to believe those people who claimed he said those things- thats all

BTW- a few things have changed- Perlman is gone, and looks like his lacky,  Eichorst will be gone....people can and do change their minds given changing circumstances, hell he went to Stanford before he came here 

1 minute ago, HuskermanMike said:

I don't doubt you on him winning elsewhere. Its just if he wins at lets say texas tech as an example, he probably won't get them to another level. By that time, we can come in and steal him. 

Lets say he does well at UCF and TTU(just as an example) gets him.

He wins 7,8,9 games then we come calling. I bet he sees OU staying atop for a while and comes to Nebraska. Also Texas will be improving. So while you may be right, I doubt he gets a lower P5 school and turns it into a 10+ win team. Unless of course he comes to Nebraska and turns it into a winner.

Yeah I can agree with this.

22 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

Playing Alabama every year doesnt help, and look at LSU last night against Mississippi State, maybe its hard to win in the SEC West?