Scott Frost

Whistlepig

4 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Is this the plan if Riley is let go mid season? Because if Les comes into the head coaching role, I do not want Langs retained on the future staff.

No next year is when he would come in. Langs to QB coach cause he got Eli manning to improve when he only coached qbs. I don't want him touching anything on offense unless it is the qb position. If we bring in les I want a qb coach that can help improve the qb, and he would not have to look far for Langs and I don't know who would be more qualified as a qb coach. Bring in Les miles guy as OC/DC keep donte williams cause he is a stud recruiter and maybe KWill stays cause of the Louisiana connection. Outside of that we keep Langs or Langs would go and we find another qb coach, because that is what bogged LM down at LSU.

12 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

No next year is when he would come in. Langs to QB coach cause he got Eli manning to improve when he only coached qbs. I don't want him touching anything on offense unless it is the qb position. If we bring in les I want a qb coach that can help improve the qb, and he would not have to look far for Langs and I don't know who would be more qualified as a qb coach. Bring in Les miles guy as OC/DC keep donte williams cause he is a stud recruiter and maybe KWill stays cause of the Louisiana connection. Outside of that we keep Langs or Langs would go and we find another qb coach, because that is what bogged LM down at LSU.

I am sure Langs is fully involved with Lee and his "Development" since joining the team. The guy never developed Armstrong into a better passer, or quarterback, and Lee I think has more Touchdown passes for the opposing team then he does for Nebraska. Langs shouldn't be retained on staff past October.

8 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I am sure Langs is fully involved with Lee and his "Development" since joining the team. The guy never developed Armstrong into a better passer, or quarterback, and Lee I think has more Touchdown passes for the opposing team then he does for Nebraska. Langs shouldn't be retained on staff past October.

Tanner Lee has the most interceptions in D-1 football yet people want to retain Langsdorf as the QB coach?  That makes no sense. 

Les Miles is Frank Solich 2.0.  Did great with Saban's recruits and once it was his program 8-9 wins was max.  Same goes for Pelini.  He got to coach a defense that was recruited by Saban.  We need those who can build a program and have the energy to build a program.  Miles is older than Riley, and we had fits for hiring that old ball coach.  He couldn't find a good OC for years to coach really good NFL talent in the Bayou.  

• Plus1 1

Why are so many people scared of Scott Frost?  We hired an ex-NFL o-line coach who destroyed the Raiders team that Gruden built.  We fired a running backs coach who spent his whole life at Nebraska because he couldn't beat Top 10 teams.  We then hired an ex-defensive CO, that really never did recruit anything that he won with.  Think about where this program has went to find that splash hire and ask yourself if those were worth it?  We hired Riley, bad call, but he has coached for several years at a Power 5 school with a .500 record.  I see all of these people now wanting to hire Les Miles.......?  

Wow- I don't get why Frost scares off so many when he is doing a decent job of rebuilding a limited football team in UCF.  Limited resources, limited facility, and 5th fiddle in the state of Florida.  Odds are against Frost to ever succeed there, but in year one they were bowl eligible.  

• Plus1 3
15 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Why are so many people scared of Scott Frost?  We hired an ex-NFL o-line coach who destroyed the Raiders team that Gruden built.  We fired a running backs coach who spent his whole life at Nebraska because he couldn't beat Top 10 teams.  We then hired an ex-defensive CO, that really never did recruit anything that he won with.  Think about where this program has went to find that splash hire and ask yourself if those were worth it?  We hired Riley, bad call, but he has coached for several years at a Power 5 school with a .500 record.  I see all of these people now wanting to hire Les Miles.......?  

Wow- I don't get why Frost scares off so many when he is doing a decent job of rebuilding a limited football team in UCF.  Limited resources, limited facility, and 5th fiddle in the state of Florida.  Odds are against Frost to ever succeed there, but in year one they were bowl eligible.  

I don't get the love affair with Miles either. Why go after another 60 something head coach?

I'm with you on Frost. To me he checks off everything I would want in a coach at Nebraska. He has a championship pedigree. Has played and coached under some of the best coaches in football history.  He has been a defensive coach, position coach, OC, and now head coach.  He's young enough to relate to kids during recruiting, and I think his teams would play with energy and passion.  I would throw a bunch of money at him. It's more likely to win big when you hire a young coach than it is to hire a retread coach.  

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't get the love affair with Miles either. Why go after another 60 something head coach?

I'm with you on Frost. To me he checks off everything I would want in a coach at Nebraska. He has a championship pedigree. Has played and coached under some of the best coaches in football history.  He has been a defensive coach, position coach, OC, and now head coach. I would throw a bunch of money at him. It's more likely to win big when you hire a young coach than it is to hire a retread coach.  

Frost has been a winner his entire life.  This kid at 7:13 in this video can restore the order.

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Yeah I get that, but you might be just one more state away from where the talent is. Schools on the West coast poach Southern Cal talent and the distance could be as far away as Nebraska to some of these talent rich states.

I'm willing to bet a lot of these kids couldn't find Nebraska on a map if you handed them one..  even if we were as close as southern cal to Northern cal it's still the same state and that is what they are going to see.  I used to live in NW Indiana and work in Chicago.  People would always ask me how I could drive 3 hrs to work...... It was a 25 min drive.  

1 minute ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I'm willing to bet a lot of these kids couldn't find Nebraska on a map if you handed them one..  even if we were as close as southern cal to Northern cal it's still the same state and that is what they are going to see.  I used to live in NW Indiana and work in Chicago.  People would always ask me how I could drive 3 hrs to work...... It was a 25 min drive.  

That is funny!  And that is so true!  

53 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Les Miles is Frank Solich 2.0.  Did great with Saban's recruits and once it was his program 8-9 wins was max.  Same goes for Pelini.  He got to coach a defense that was recruited by Saban.  We need those who can build a program and have the energy to build a program.  Miles is older than Riley, and we had fits for hiring that old ball coach.  He couldn't find a good OC for years to coach really good NFL talent in the Bayou.  

Unless Saban's recruits were eligible in 2011, this statement is false. 

I don't know if Scott Frost would be a good coach at Nebraska. I would like to think he would be; I always liked him as a player and his enthusiasm for the program....at least after he came back from Stanford.

I also don't know what he thinks about the Nebraska coaching job and I would never suggest that I do until he comments on it. However, I met Scott a few years back at a high school football game here in So Cal. He was the receivers coach at the time (I think) for Oregon, before he was promoted to OC. He was standing on the side of the field watching the kid he was recruiting play and I came down to stairs at the end of the stadium and recognized him right away. Then he saw my Huskers sweat shirt and said: "Nice shirt". So I stopped and introduced myself and we stood there for a good 10 minutes and talked about Nebraska football. He was wearing some sort of Oregon shirt, because of course that's who he was working for, but all he wanted to talk about was Husker football. 

I will admit, my shirt was a dead giveaway that I was interested in Husker football, and a person might say that he was just being polite, but he never even mentioned his current job, never mentioned Oregon other than to say he was there recruiting (I don't even think he said the name Oregon). He just seemed legitimately content to discuss Husker football. 

The only reason I bring this chance meeting up is to say that based on my experience talking to him, I do think he'd be interested in the head coaching job at Nebraska. 

• Plus1 3