Schedule Softer Opponents

Ok, first, switching to a lesser conference did not work for us. Second, scheduling NIU did not end well. So, let's schedule a I-AA opponent, how about North Dakota State? Oh wait, Iowa lost to NDSU last year, and following that they blew us off the field. We need to work hard to win 6, maybe 7 games and recognize our new reality in the modern landscape of major college football. Playing musical coaches is not the answer.

I'd go the opposite way, like someone said in another thread, scheduling these weaker teams is a lose-lose. We beat them we are suppose to, we lose and it hurts us incredibly. So I would schedule P5 teams instead of these smaller schools.

A game vs Kansas, Kentucky, Iowa State, etc. is better and also cheaper for us as well. Also you aren't going to get some of these players who have a huge chip on their shoulders for getting passed over by the bigger programs and you don't have coaches who have nothing to lose and may develop some crazy schemes to get a win.

22 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I'd go the opposite way, like someone said in another thread, scheduling these weaker teams is a lose-lose. We beat them we are suppose to, we lose and it hurts us incredibly. So I would schedule P5 teams instead of these smaller schools.

A game vs Kansas, Kentucky, Iowa State, etc. is better and also cheaper for us as well. Also you aren't going to get some of these players who have a huge chip on their shoulders for getting passed over by the bigger programs and you don't have coaches who have nothing to lose and may develop some crazy schemes to get a win.

Iowa had to come from behind last week to beat ISU in overtime. Why would you assume we would beat Iowa State? Reminder - ISU beat us  the last time we played them at home - just before we bailed to the Big 10.

I'm feeling ya. Since the MAC is too tough lets look at NAIA.  Doane, Hastings, Chadron.  Dont forget the Hard Rockers.  Maybe we could join their conference?  That way we could win a lot, and not have to work too hard.  Since the current coaches dont seem to like the idea of pushing people out of the way and all.

1 minute ago, dvdcrr said:

I'm feeling ya. Since the MAC is too tough lets look at NAIA.  Doane, Hastings, Chadron.  Dont forget the Hard Rockers.  Maybe we could join their conference?  That way we could win a lot, and not have to work too hard.  Since the current coaches dont seem to like the idea of pushing people out of the way and all.

I'd like our chances against the Hardrockers, they lost to CSU-Pueblo yesterday