4-8 (or 3-9) Is Now Exceedingly Likely

neepster

So, the latest power rankings now have us (best case) predicted to be 4-8 (with likely wins only over Rutgers and Illinois).  And that is using the best possible methods of calculating the odds.  Realistically

we could be 3-9 or even worse.  Best case seems to be maybe 5-7, but the team would have to get significantly better.

image.png.dc78132b436d39d8f55811f04e360a1b.png

You can play with the math but things don't look good...

Oh and their estimate is a 0.1% chance of winning the division....

• Plus1 4

1 minute ago, skers44 said:

well im hoping we can beat rutgers and illinois...

Toss ups for me are NW, Minnesota, Wiscy (if night game), and iowa just because

I appreciate the enthusiasm for beating Wisconsin. I would love to beat Wisconsin, but even if it is a night game the atmosphere at Memorial Stadium will be so deflated and depressed going into that game that I don't think it is going to be much of an advantage.

We beat Rutgers, lose to Illinois. Riley pulls off his once a year upset over Penn State if he hasn't completely lost the team by then.

2 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I appreciate the enthusiasm for beating Wisconsin. I would love to beat Wisconsin, but even if it is a night game the atmosphere at Memorial Stadium will be so deflated and depressed going into that game that I don't think it is going to be much of an advantage.

We beat Rutgers, lose to Illinois. Riley pulls off his once a year upset over Penn State if he hasn't completely lost the team by then.

will riley be here by Penn State if we are 2-8 by then? lol

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

exactly. the lack of leadership shown by the Athletic Director is quite frankly pathetic. I never in a million years thought I would find myself siding with Bo Pelini, but here we are. 

Sean Eichorst is a JV Athletic Director. I'd say it to his face if I ever got the chance. The guy is a complete and total loser. Has no idea what it takes to lead and successfully run a high level college football program. His hire was questionable when it happened and it remains questionable to this day (sound familiar?)

But at least we have a head coach now that will answer questions nicely and make Sam McKewon laugh at press conferences. 

8 minutes ago, skers44 said:

will riley be here by Penn State if we are 2-8 by then? lol

It's worth noting that the stats say we have less of a chance to beat PSU than we do to beat tOSU....  4% vs. PSU vs. 5% for tOSU...

I had said 5-7 at the beginning of the year made a bet with a Kool-aide drinker who said 10-3.  The fact is Riley really has no clue and you can see it on the sidelines during the game.

I have been watching Husker football since 1962 and I no longer want to watch or listen.  I dont think I have ever missed a game except maybe for a wedding but even then you were slipping out to catch a radio broadcast.  This is sad but good thing is AD will be gone and along with Pedersen he is worst things to ever happen to Husker Football.

• Plus1 2