If Riley is let go, what's the staff?

ScottyIce

What do things look like if we were to can Riley and replace with Frost?

OC

Langs would be out I would guess. Who would be the fit there with Frost?

DC

Diaco likely would stay, his contract is for a few years right?

OL

Cav would be out, almost certain.

WR

I would pray we could hang onto wideouts.

TE

Assuming Frost would hire someone new instead of Thompson

RB

Davis would be out. Interesting to think about who would maybe be in...

DL

highest chance of staying on board would be JP.

LB

Bray would leave for a new gig.

CB

pray that Williams would stay on for recruiting purposes

S

Not sure on Booker. 

Anyone got some ideas?

• Plus1 1

What if we reunited Chip Kelly and Scott Frost somehow?

I would love to see us revert back to an option-based offense.  Those two have proven to be pretty good with that style of offense.

It's a pie-in-the-sky notion to float out there, but there you go.

I don't hate the defensive staff.  I think we can improve in some areas, but as a whole, I like the personnel we have on that side of the ball.

The bigger question, in my opinion, is who would replace Shawn Eichorst?

Well I think in fairness to whoever the new coach is, and based off the post I see it is Scott Frost, that Frost would hire whoever he wanted. I see him bringing his DC from UCF with him he has proved to be a decent DC and I know Frost likes him.

I would say in my own personal opinion that he would clean house. And not so sure why there is all this hype and love for our WR coach. Beside Morgan Jr our WRs are terrible.

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Well I think in fairness to whoever the new coach is, and based off the post I see it is Scott Frost, that Frost would hire whoever he wanted. I see him bringing his DC from UCF with him he has proved to be a decent DC and I know Frost likes him.

I would say in my own personal opinion that he would clean house. And not so sure why there is all this hype and love for our WR coach. Beside Morgan Jr our WRs are terrible.

Lindsey is going to be special. He is recruiting at a high level.

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Coach Gorilla Wideouts is all hype. 

2 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

This is the rub with letting Riley go. You have two of the top recruiters in the country on your staff. You likely lose them both and watch them succeed somewhere else. 

What top recruits are we getting? We are recruiting in the exact same area (ranking wise) as Pelini did, maybe getting a spot or two higher, that is it. And when you don't win you wont get recruits no matter how great at recruiting you are. WInning is the best recruiting tool, and Nebraska isn't doing that.

And all our "top" recruits seem to be at the WR position. I swear all I've heard with this staff is all of these WR's we are targeting or getting. We have Stanley Morgan Jr. That is it.

And the focus of recruiting should be on getting monster O-Lineman.

• Plus1 2

18 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

What do things look like if we were to can Riley and replace with Frost?

OC

UCF's OC

DC

UCF's DC. They already run a 3-4 there. Unless Diaco really impressed Frost why would he keep Diaco over someone he's worked with. Their DC is an Iowa alum as well so he knows the B1G.

OL

UCF's o-line coach Greg Austin. A Nebraska alum and worked with Frost at Oregon

WR

Their OC doubles as WR coach but I'd like to keep Williams for his recruiting ability.

TE

IDK

RB

UCF's Ryan Held. Nebraska alum and played with Frost. Was a juco coach for several years.

DL

highest chance of staying on board would be JP. - I agree

LB

UCF's Jovan DeWitt. Also handles special teams.

CB

pray that Williams would stay on for recruiting purposes - I agree.

S

Not sure on Booker. - IDK

Anyone got some ideas?

Just spit balling here...

And frankly, I don't care about recruiting when it comes to this staff. It's been all hype, with nothing to show. We're slightly better than we were under Bo (recruiting), and yet we've regressed on the field and are losing to teams who we have always consistently out-recruited.

Recruiting means nothing if you can't develop players and create a team that doesn't wilt under pressure.